Search results

1. fastrider gus

Zerode Katipo

Fell in love with the Cura 4 brakes on the Starling, couldn't resist grabbing a set for the big hitter.. Got some 90 degree fittings on the way to neaten up the hoses F+R. The hope floaters are not very friendly with the callipers on this one unfortunately, gonna have to either get the flap...
  2. fastrider gus

WA Hope Tech3 V4 brakeset

Item: Black Tech 3 V4 brakes F+R braided hoses Location: Perth Item Condition: Overall in good nik, the bleed is fine but could do with a piston service. One lever blade pin is missing the little locking grommet, pin has never fallen out. Reason for selling: Changed to Formula on both bikes...
  3. fastrider gus

Down-Single-Gravel-Country build.. yea you heard me..

I had a really good lap at Mt Gunjin today, absolutely love the clip-ins! I managed to get in and out of them with minimal issues. I did have one spill but that was not pedal related, and didnt end up all tangled in the bike somehow! The Starling is bloody fantastic, it feels right at home on...
  4. fastrider gus

Jeeze thanks for the positive reinforcement ya vultures [emoji1787] Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  5. fastrider gus

Im doin it.. who wants em when I crack the sad's after falling over once.. Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  6. fastrider gus

Few more updates to the BBE.. I've been doing 4 week swings at work so plenty of time for online shopping, absolutely bugger all time for tinkering and riding! Good day on the tools today, ill be out on the trails for the next week.. -Litespeed Ti post -NOS leather SLR with some saddle grease...
  7. fastrider gus

Matchy matchy 2.0 - Saturn11

Oooh boy I've got a soft spot for Nico's! That is absolutely lovely... Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  8. fastrider gus

Not actually 100% happy with it yet.. needs some gold leaf and pin striping. Yea Aston's builds are so sick! I was stoked to see him doing a Spur. Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  9. fastrider gus

Yes Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  10. fastrider gus

Im actually so keen for this! I just finished building a 2012 Tazer VPP as a jump/4X play bike but Im thinking the Starling would be an absolute weapon through a set of trails. There are some bloody awesome looking new DJ parks over here in Perth to try it out on too. So now it's ProTec skate...
  11. fastrider gus

So keen to kook it up [emoji1787] Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  12. fastrider gus

When im pedalling, I'm usually too busy watching where im going to look at the bearings in my swingarm... but by the magic powers of logic... yes... yes they are.. Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  13. fastrider gus

It runs a 6" spindle, it is a slightly wider setup than a normal set of 73mm Mtb cranks but that's actually more for the crank-chainstay clearance. The photo shows the bearing/swingarm location. I haven't pulled it apart so im not sure how many bearings are in there, im assuming they are double...
  14. fastrider gus

Yea the others I've had experience with like the Rotec Revert and NS soda run a large bearing for the swingarm on the outside of a normal threaded BB shell so you can run standard cranks. Works well but im guessing replacing those bearings would be expensive/hard to find. The Starling uses the...
  15. fastrider gus

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  16. fastrider gus

It uses the profile crank spindle as the pivot. Super simple, super sturdy, zero chain growth. The dropouts run a rotating cam to tension the chain and you can take the wheel out without mucking around with the chain tension. Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  17. fastrider gus

Yeeeeaa ok the gravelkings were a bit small.. I really liked the tread and the colour of the gumwall but they needed to be at least 2.3" to fit the bike properly. Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  18. fastrider gus

It's guaranteed to be very minimal [emoji1787] The tyres are temporary, got a box of different Michelins and Pirellis to switch between when I want to venture into the rough stuff. Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  19. fastrider gus

Straight from Profile in the states. Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
  20. fastrider gus

Ooh and I also bung'd on a king cage with some lush stainless Prototipo bolts, by far the nicest little touch you can put on your bike, check em out.. Lezyne 1300 headlight, Lizardskinz micro saddle bag, Dakine endurBro strap thingo too. Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk