Search results

1. Haakon

Little Things You Hate

There’s cheap, and then there’s just not expensive… Deore, not acera.
  2. Haakon

What are you listening to NOW?

Yep, sure did :)
  3. Haakon

4. Haakon

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Mate of mine had one when they were new, very nice thing. He swapped it for a GSX-R in fairly short order though!
  5. Haakon

Little Things You Hate

Yeah, if the carbon Trance and the Orange were stolen I'd go and buy the base model alloy Trance for $4ish K and pocket the change...
  6. Haakon

Little Things You Hate

Its leave Tiagra as the highest mechanical group! Which will no doubt go 11 speed itself shortly. I like 105 though, it performs perfectly and I like the black.
  7. Haakon

Little Things You Hate

I want cables... I like mechanical shifting. Electric gears and i may as well just get an ebike :( Guess I should start looking for some current 11 speed gear in preparation for the next roadie.
  8. Haakon

Little Things You Hate

New Shimano 105 12 speed released - Di2 only ffs :(
  9. Haakon

Someone grew up listening to Mr Bungle….
  10. Haakon

Posted this pianist before, but she’s worthy of a repost.
  11. Haakon

Can America be fixed?

Maybe this helps explain it all…
  12. Haakon

Little Things You Hate

Its fine now, the pads have already done most of the work :) Not a fan of those. The SLX rotors are my favourite style I think, just neat and gimmick free.
  13. Haakon

Little Things You Hate

surface ground/ machined... you know what I mean... Chinese ones are not "surface ground" on one side, leaves rounded edges from the stamping process and the surface area contacted by the pad is significantly reduced until the pad eventually does the surface grinding. Ive got one like this on...
  14. Haakon

Little Things You Hate

I got some AE shimano rotors and they are usually chinese made rather Japanese. The chinese ones are not machined on both sides and it takes a long time for the surface to flatten out...
  15. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Whats the cost on a new glass roof on a Tesla I wonder...
  16. Haakon

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

This is true… For whatever reason I went down the road of doing something I thought was vaguely useful (or something…) for the planet and hence ended up wrapping a bit of self identity up in the work. Not super healthy, but I’m getting over it.
  17. Haakon

The HiFi thread

I rate my chance there as somewhere between bucklys and none… But seriously, with the Usher s-520 and the modest NAD amp, this does just fine. Maybe once I get used to it I’ll find some reason to get a better quality one, but can’t imagine I’ll need bigger in this room. I’m still quite chuffed...
  18. Haakon

The HiFi thread

He took $120 for it and its in perfect condition, so I'm happy with that. In a smallish lounge room and fed from the preamp out of the NAD it very nicely gives the Usher bookshelves a helping hand. I'll call that a success :)
  19. Haakon

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

I'd love to be one of those people who happily leave work at work and never lets it bother them personally - sounds like a super skill to have!!
  20. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Depends how far you need to go i guess, i did the roof bike rack thing for a little while, didnt enjoy it.