Search results

1. MarioM

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

How is Coondoo now with the rebuild ? Now that lockdown is ended I can start coming back down . Can`t decide whether to surf this arvo or head down there for a ride .
  2. MarioM

New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

I`ve not ridden it yet , maybe next week , but whoever is in that article ( can`t see as its blocked behind a paywall ) saying it will be better than Appin is a big stretch . I`ll report back once I`ve ridden it . I will say though , It is great we have this here and I hope they will allow...
  3. MarioM

FOUND

PM sent @kip01 . Cheers .
  4. MarioM

FOUND

Item: [Boost rear hub 28 hole 12 mm axle , Shimano . No straight pulls . ] Location: [anywhere] Price range/Willing to Pay:[Cheap as chips - let me know ] Extra Info:[Looking for a cheap hub to get a commuter up and going so if you have a busted wheel lying around or ? ]
  5. MarioM

Bargain buys thread

Must resist the temptation to buy . Its only $300 . The Description : Mad dirt jumper great bike has rock shock boxer forks mad dirt jumper hits jumps hard open two offers or swaps for a different bike or pitbike project
  6. MarioM

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Maybe I should do what everyone else does on facebook and ask if its still available . Vee brake back and I`d shudder to think what`s on the front .
  7. MarioM

But what if I want it ? Would be interesting to do a run at GV on this ? Any takers ?
  8. MarioM

Its near me and oh so tempting . Its $150 and looks ready for action . Perhaps better posted in bargain buys ?
  9. MarioM

Bargain buys thread

I`m looking for an RD-M5100 11 speed so sent Shimano an email enquiring when stock would be available here . I got a reply the next day which actually surprised me . Maybe all their stock is coming at the same time but may be worth sending them an E . Hi Mario, Thank you for contacting Shimano...
  10. MarioM

The Mitas / Rubena sealant ? I had one do that when I had to use a CO2 canister one night . I couldn`t figure out what the sound was after we kept riding . Changed tyre a few rides later and found what you found . Then the sound made sense .
  11. MarioM

I considered these but then stuck to getting some more Gilas . Gilas only available overseas though . Would be interested in a ride report once you`ve had some time on them .
  12. MarioM

Crank Removal Question.

Check this . Starts with non drive side first . Mate has it on his S works and he couldn`t figure out either . Use long pipe as can be set real tight ...
  13. MarioM

Bargain buys thread

Well , who`s up for the bargain of the century ! Text copied off facebook : The one with pink wheels is rtr and is $300
  14. MarioM

Yeah , had done that and its not too bad . If I`m using that gear ( which is not often apart from certain XC courses ) then I`m climbing a lot and more often than not suspension is locked . I had meant to buy the derailleur also - but guess what - out of stock , as I`d like to swap to 32 and 34...
  15. MarioM

Was going to buy a dinner plate Sunrace cassette for the Mondraker but sold out almost everywhere . Then stumbled across the Shimano csm5100 11-51 in stock at MTB direct at a good price . Did some searching on the net to see what sort of feedback and see what derailleurs can run with it ...
  16. MarioM

Cheap Droppers

Can you explain on "holds air marginally better " on the rage i ? Are they squishy posts ?
  17. MarioM

Cheap Droppers

Options there , but off budget . KS rage I also fits the bill . I`ll wait until stocks start coming into the country . Some things I`d rather buy here than OS .
  18. MarioM

Cheap Droppers

30.9 . I actually have 235mm into seat tube total, not the 230 that I thought and because I`m a short arse with stumpy legs I have 150mm left to play with . KS Eten I fits this bill in its 100 travel according to sheet on MTB direct . Brand X in 85 travel also fits the bill and is in stock ...
  19. MarioM

The "I will ride _____km in 2022" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Finishing with 459 . Looking back the last couple years and spent a lot of time off the bike from bad injuries . 2018 was pretty much a write off after the achilles . 2019 was going ok until August ( 2327 km ) - a front wheel wash out at 56 km resulted in a torn AC , rotator . Recovery was going...
  20. MarioM

Cheap Droppers

Well I need an internal dropper for a Merida big 9 . Trouble is I need a short insertion due to bottle cage nutsert . I have 230mm before hitting the nutsert . Much to my horror everywhere is sold out of just about all options . I wonder how long it will take the industry to catch up . Already...