Search results

1. Haakon

Online mattress in a box

Anyone tried them, and anyone successfully returned one they didn’t like? Baulking a bit at $2500 for the only one we like in the normal shops with no change of mind option…
  2. Haakon

Mid drive ebike retrofit kits

So Kirsty has taken one look at Hobart’s hills and requested an electric assist conversion on her Soma Mixte frame. Fair enough! There are no real bike paths here either (only downer coming from Canberra) so she will be mixing it with cars and some speed will give her some confidence. Does...
  3. Haakon

ACT birzman high volume floor pump

Item: Birzman pump Location: Canberra Item Condition: Excellent. Gauge is wonky though. But it pumps Reason for selling: too much stuff. Price and price conditions: $20? Extra Info: Pictures
  4. Haakon

ACT Shed clean out.

Item: Stuff.... Location: ACT Item Condition: New and or Excellent Reason for selling: Dont need it Price and price conditions: Make me a silly offer to make posting it worth the effort :) Extra Info: BR-MT520 Brake callipers - theyre technically roadie brakes, but really they're XT with a...
  5. Haakon

ACT FTGH - bike bag

Item: Bike Bag Location: ACT Item Condition: OK, has had about half dozen flights. Reason for selling: Surplus Price and price conditions: Free. Extra Info: Its not amazing, its not an EVOC. But the price is right and it will do the job. Or at least useful as storage? Otherwise its off to...
  6. Haakon

ACT SOLD Goodyear Newton 27.5x2.4

Item: Goodyear Newton EN Premium 27.5x2.4 Location: Canberra Item Condition: As new - couple of laps of Stromlo on the front wheel. Still dusty, but I cleaned the sealant out, although it was only mounted a couple of weeks. Reason for selling: Surplus - bought a front specific ST. Price and...
  7. Haakon

ACT SOLD BB86/92 Pressfit adapter

Item: Tripeak brand BB86/92 Pressfit adapter Location: Item Condition: used Reason for selling: surplus Price and price conditions: Offers? Extra Info: If you have a creaky press fit on your roadie (or MTB if its a BB96/92), this will fix it. Comes with a new tool for fitting, and has some...
  8. Haakon

Wild Enduro vs Magic Mary/Big Betty

Michies are seriously starting to fall apart, so new rubber needed. And the fashion victim in me requires tan walls. So - are the Schwobbles really that much heavier...? They're certainly cheaper. Other option was Contis, but cant get the front specific Baron anywhere in tan wall....
  9. Haakon

Xfusion Manic - where to get replacement cartridge?

Any one one found a source? Link Sports (x fusion importer) wont sell me the cartridge, only a $100 service. I think I can manage a dropper cartridge, and it's weird they refuse to sell the part.
  10. Haakon

Bike cage etiquette

So - is it ok to move someone's bike if they have parked where you usually want to, but they got there first? Its murder down there!
  11. Haakon

An Orange called Don

I shall call it Don the Con. Its orange, over weight, unsophisticated, over valued, has a bunch of weirdos as fans, and it goes down hill fast... 2021 Orange Five Evo frameset in Fizzy Orange on order. Still waiting on the factory schedule and delivery date though.... I suspect patience will be...
  12. Haakon

Happy Festivus!

Start airing your grievances now :)
  13. Haakon

UK rider - fundraising following paralysis from MTB accident

This is a friend of a colleague of mine in the UK, worth posting here. This could be any of us... The accident that injured him was a tame one - a messed up landing, a bounce and over he went - we've all crashed like that!! https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jamiel-01...
  14. Haakon

Help me find a fork - 37mm offset 140/150mm

Sorry, quick quarantine breach - but I need the brains trust. 37mm offset 140-150mm fork - where are the deals at the moment? Anyone got a good used one...? Stock availability and/or geoblocks are making it tricky. Its an odd offset and I really don't want to spend megabucks... Can get a Fox...
  15. Haakon

Kickstarter - intercom system

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/okmilo/milo-the-action-communicator/faqs Looks like it might be cool for group rides.
  16. Haakon

Where to get a decent 26er wheel set these days

Who's got a line on where to get them these days...? New or good used. 10 speed.
  17. Haakon

Google message

https://about.google/intl/ALL_au/google-in-australia/an-open-letter/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=hpp&utm_campaign=middleslot-p2 so what's this all about?
  18. Haakon

Floor varnish - water or oil based?

The brains trust around here has dealt with more obscure things before... Having floorboards done - what type of varnish is best?
  19. Haakon

Best beginner dually for a big bloke

Guy in Hobart i know asked for advice on a beginner bike - 6’2” and 95kg. Ride Nth Sth track and presumably will get to Derby. 29er of course, but any brands better for big blokes?
  20. Haakon

Manned Space X launch

6.30 tomorrow morning, set your alarm kiddies. https://spaceflightnow.com/2020/05/27/falcon-9-crew-dragon-demo-2-mission-status-center/