Search results

1. mike14

50mm stem (35mm)

Item: 50mm stem that'll hold 35mm bars Location: Ideally Melbourne but happy to pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: less than retail? Extra Info: Paradox feels a touch short so looking for a longer stem to see if it changes anything
  2. mike14

Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

While not wanting to down play the seriousness of the situation; having watched enough grunts bumblefuck around trying to get the javlein and its components working correctly, the thought of all the accidents and equipment breakages that would occur in the hands of random civilians is quite...
  3. mike14

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Some more urban fun on the Paradox. Got the drivetrain running quieter. May have to look at getting a 50mm stem, feels a tad to short
  4. mike14

Newly Released Bikes General

Spectral now available with 125mm travel, but same geo as the bigger version https://www.canyon.com/en-au/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/spectral-125/al/ 125/140 is a pretty good spot for a lot of the trails I ride, but that's a damn slack HA and relativity long chainstays for what should be a...
  5. mike14

AM The rules says no more bikes, but n+1 is a rule... It's a Paradox!

I think this place went more than 15 mins without a Banshee PYR so I'm here to rectify things! Frame - V3 Paradox - Black Rear shock - you what? Front shock/fork - DVO Sapphire D1 140mm in glorious green Handlebars - RM alloy ones off my Altitude - currently as 800mm and need to be...
  6. mike14

Finally got a shakedown ride on the Paradox with a commute to work. Nothing fell apart and everything seemed smooth enough. Need to find the time to get it on some dirt now
  7. mike14

2026 Commonwealth Games

I think that's the plan (although I'm sure they'll ask the Feds to pony up - and throw some $$ around as well, consultants gotta eat! :rolleyes:). The initial plan at least called for minimal infrastructure spending because existing structures would be used, with maybe temporary seating added...
  8. mike14

Banshee Paradox V3

Where were you 3 months ago? :D Don't know if it helps you work out your price, but a brand new frame is about $1700
  9. mike14

2026 Commonwealth Games

It's been announced that Victoria is interested in hosting the 2026 Commonwealth Games. Apparently there's been little interested globally due to costs, and the intent here is to re-use infrastructure built for the 2006 Games as well as push events out into regional areas rather than have them...
  10. mike14

New bike time - suggestions?

Is there any bike we haven't suggested? :D
  11. mike14

New bike time - suggestions?

RM Altitude? I'm biased but I'm loving mine as a big bike that pedals well. Ride-9 is more useful than I thought in allowing me to set it up for different trails. The price to spec isn't the best with RM but it's not totally out of whack either
  12. mike14

The QUICK question thread.....

I've got a giro half-lid and a Fox full-face (proframe I think) that fits really well. Didn't even need to change any of the padding.
  13. mike14

More HSP goodness.

Looks incredible. It sounds like you've managed to find the perfect partner/enabler as well :D!
  14. mike14

Got this built to the stage where I could do some laps of the hill to bed the brake pads in. Gears are a bit off and I think I need to rebleed both brakes (plus trim the front hose) but the test ride felt great. First bike I've built up from a frame only
  15. mike14

Warburton trail updates

Tread Head Nimb(y)le Fast Food Vandals
  16. mike14

The last movie you've last watched last

If you're ever bored (like say in covid iso) have a roam around google for discussions about the end of taxi driver... Apparently the screenwriter was 'inspired' by the woman who attempted to assassinate Gerald Ford and ended up with her face all over magazine covers. He couldn't understand why...
  17. mike14

The last movie you've last watched last

Saw this in IMAX over the weekend. Pretty sure the soundtrack broke a rib :) Definitely needs to be seen on a big screen
  18. mike14

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

My youngets's school has reported 3 cases in the two days so far. None in his year level thankfully
  19. mike14

Little Things You Love

Also LTIL is Pushy's order arriving 3 days after ordering!
  20. mike14

Little Things You Love

I use the boot economic theory all the time ("...and still have wet feet.") so I fully support that