Search results

1. ashes_mtb

The Battle for Manning Park

I’ve followed this for a while without really looking closely at the environmental values of the site, however, its hard to imagine they couldn’t accommodate at least something for mtbers in the most degraded sections. That said, it wouldn’t surprise me if the current network of trails is...
  2. ashes_mtb

Little Things You Love

Amazing year so far. Has an Australian ever won 3 world cups in a row before?
  3. ashes_mtb

Lego

Young fella had started this Countach back in March but lost interest (apparently old Supercars aren’t cool). Was my dream car as a kid - had a poster of a white one on Figured I’d throw it together last night and now he’s claimed it for his display.. 4 year old grabbed the stickers and put...
  4. ashes_mtb

Sold Swarf Contour 29er Frame (Large)

Should be going up in price now that Swarf has stopped making frames!
  5. ashes_mtb

Lego

I loved Lego as a kid and had quite a big collection. Filled 2 60L tubs. Sold all my other toys as I grew up but had the foresight as a kid to not sell the Lego. Sadly it all got stolen from my folks place before I had kids of my own to pass it on to. My two favourite sets were these:
  6. ashes_mtb

Confessions from the fuckwits

1. Schrader is infinitely superior anyway. Might as well swap. 2. I’ve yet to find a rim that doesn’t work tubeless with enough decent tape. I say roll with it.
  7. ashes_mtb

I won $40,000,000 less than I would have liked sadly. I must be just about due though.
  8. ashes_mtb

Northshore Betty

Great. So I’m slower and shittier than than the 7.3 year olds and the 73 year olds. And everyone in between. FML. Awesome vid though, good on her.
  9. ashes_mtb

Exposed by a Strava KOM - great long form story

No, I was 17 at the time but it was seniors. I was that fast. I did ride u/23’s at the 1989 world championships in Madagascar though, where I won gold in XC and DH.
  10. ashes_mtb

In his case it just suited his objectives. He was selling stuff to military and he felt it helped his cause, same as his pro career helped bike shop business. I suspect the move to guns stems from that. Scary what he’s gotten into given his mental state. I’m really curious what happened to his...
  11. ashes_mtb

The 36er thread.

I’m going to need a step-thru frame to get on it. Don’t have the flexibility to get my leg over that big wheel. Or maybe I can ride it side saddle.
  12. ashes_mtb

He was shit on a mtb. I remember passing him about 1/3 through my run when I won the 1996 DH Worlds in France.
  13. ashes_mtb

So nice. Can you put it on hold till I win Powerball on Thursday or some other time in the future?
  14. ashes_mtb

WA Riders

Not on the weekend sadly, although the trails at Kalamunda were absolutely mint on Thursday night. Not much in the way of standing water but just grip for days. I kept waiting for the tyres to let go in corners and they just stuck the whole time. I quite like drift mode when its dry, but...
  15. ashes_mtb

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Can happily confirm road riding is about 1% as good as mtb. Still better than no riding, but there’s a gulf between being on the road and on the trails. I managed to get out Thursday night again but one of the crew knocked himself out (briefly) and I walked him out and waited for help to...
  16. ashes_mtb

Newly Released Bikes General

@Scotty675 thinks 36er e-gravel is the future. 20er no seat, pedals or handlebars is where things are really headed:
  17. ashes_mtb

Confessions from the fuckwits

Not me, but has anyone ever gone to refresh their sealant and not been able to find their tyre levers?
  18. ashes_mtb

Maybe you are, amongst others?
  19. ashes_mtb

You’d love it with a wireless light remote.
  20. ashes_mtb

Offset Bushings.

Yeah, I’m running that on my Norco. Wanted higher bb and more travel so extended fork from 130 to 150 and replaced 45mm stroke shock with 51mm along with lifting the back end slightly with one offset bushing. Made up dummy shocks to check clearances at full extension and compression to make...