Search results

1. C

Thredbo - all you need to know

In the last week and a half there have been days where it has been very windy (70-80km/h), however the lift has not gone on hold. It depends on not only the speed of the wind, but also the direction. Eg, with a NW wind the mountain may actually protect you a little from the wind. However with a...
  2. C

Bargain buys thread

AliExpress are having their Black Friday sale from Monday I think. Some actual deals such as fox gloves, $16. https://a.aliexpress.com/_msg0Faz Order a size bigger as those gloves seem to follow Asian sizing.
  3. C

For reference I had a Thredbo 365 pass for 2019/2020. I think for memory this pass cost me ~$900. Over the summer I had 40+ days of MTB. I thought that was great value even though they were shut due to fires/covid. They also had a team doing significant work on the trails throughout the season...
  4. C

I got mine, thankfully. I think a few people, myself included thought that their “Limited Availability” might have been marketing bs. Looks like they were legit. It will be interesting to see what the numbers are like on opening weekend. Last year had over 500 riders across the opening weekend...
  5. C

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Aliexpress are having one of their big yearly sales today, "11.11 Singles day". Sale starts from 7pm tonight. You can probably find discounts of around 10% depending on what you buy. If you sign up with using my referral link here you can get a bunch of their 'coupons' that might help you save...
  6. C

FYI - This is the DA for the new N4 section of trail which is currently being "Assessed" http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/?action=view_job&job_id=10312 Looking at the development timeline of previous DA's I would say that this N4 trail would only ready 2021/22 at the earliest. I could...
  7. C

Kickstarter - intercom system

Pro's: you can connect your own bluetooth headphones with a built in mic. So this immediately would help to reduce ambient noise. If you had some in-ear headphones this thing could actually be pretty great. Cons: Cost $169 The major weakness is that it uses wifi. Anyone you has tried to use a...
  8. C

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Yes, one of them did, but it was after ~90 days and I had since already ordered a replacement anyways. For what it's worth it was a car dent puller.
  9. C

Check out 15:20 in this video In the past I have used a business card on each side to achieve the same thing. I have been using this technique for years with great results.
  10. C

Eh, I actually never look at the store name. I just check to see that there have been more than say 30 orders placed on the item I want to buy and that the store has good feedback. Raise that to 100 orders and over 30 reviews on the item if you are super nervous. If you item is not delivered in...
  11. C

Note: all prices below include the shipping and GST. So it might look a little cheaper on the site and then they add gst at the checkout. FYI: Aliexpress have a big sale around November 11 so there could be some bargains. Name: MTB Mountain Road Bike Bicycle Brake Cable Gear House Tube Housing...
  12. C

Fair enough. Sounds like you are watching the tracking closely. I don't check the tracking history on my stuff. My most recent purchases were from: ZHUHAI Store Outdoor traveling Store Shop5379236 Store World Bike Store YB sanTee Store R-Racing Store Wangcaifan Store Honever Store Shop5800748...
  13. C

I've put through ~15 orders from aliexpress over the past 2 months. All small stuff less than $50. The shipping has been around 4-8 weeks. It's really a crap shoot. I posted a whole thread about aliexpress stuff earlier in the year. However when I ordered a car stereo head unit (around...
  14. C

Zeb R damper vs Lyrik charger damper

I also looked at the service manual for both dampers and the service instructions are the same. It’s just RockShox marketing are saying that this is an all new damper, so I’m assuming they’ve changed the internals.
  15. C

MTB season passes are on sale. They have stated in their marketing that there is “Limited Availability” for the MTB season passes.
  16. C

Zeb R damper vs Lyrik charger damper

I have a 2020 Lyrik Select which has a Charger RC damper. I am looking for some info on the Zeb “Charger R” damper. I’d like to know if the Zeb charger R is equivalent to the lyric charger rc? I understand that the Zeb does not have low speed compression adjust which I am fine with. I’d just...
  17. C

Bargain buys thread

Are sitewide sales (10-15% off) a thing of the past at pushys/wiggle/crc/etc.. ?
  18. C

Pike Ultimate CSU and Yari lowers compatibility

The stanchions were damaged while in the garage, rather than while out riding. So I am confident that the bushings are ok.
  19. C

Pike Ultimate CSU and Yari lowers compatibility

Hi, I have a 2019 Yari FS-YARI-RC-B2 (e-bike compatible) fork and the stanchions are buggered. I am wondering if the CSU from a Pike Ultimate FS-PIKE-ULT-B3 would be compatible. I am not sure if the air top cap, motion control damper, etc.. would fit into this CSU. If the motion control...