Search results

1. link1896

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

This is well worth reading https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02717-3/fulltext
  2. link1896

Alternative for Sram oil in Rockshox air can??

I’ve thinned out slickolium with a bit more Esso mineral oil for one of my DT star ratchets. Few thousand km later, still good. Still safer to use the real deal Can also thin out any of these assembly lubes with mineral oil. Clevite is about right from memory, matches SRAMs air can lube’s...
  3. link1896

Alternative for Sram oil in Rockshox air can??

Repco and super cheap stock Permatex assembly lube. I’ve used Clevites assembly lube too, but you won’t get this in a retail site easily. The permatex stuff should be on the shelf at $15 a small bottle.
  4. link1896

I almost took a job out of Dubai in 2018, managing the technical services for cinemas, operating in 18 countries. Offices in Dubai, Cairo and Lagos (Nigeria). I was head hunted by the owner, an Iraqi refugee who grew up in Queensland. He said the only universally trusted nationality in Africa...
  5. link1896

Mighty civilised of you dude. I’d have handed him paracetamol and ibuprofen and saved the good stuff for someone more deserving
  6. link1896

Chamferless Sockets

@smitho I owe you a favour or 5 from your help on the phone back in October. What size you need dude. I'll make you some
  7. link1896

I’ve fucking VIP tickets to moulin rouge on 17th Feb for my partners belated 50th. cost me a fucking bomb. Aint no way we are going, hoping state pushes pause on events so I don’t have to sell the tickets for 20 cents in the dollar. Free to any Melbourne burners willing to go if the state can’t...
  8. link1896

Little Things You Hate

With full XTR groupsets eta of August 2024, I’m not sure much can be fixed right now
  9. link1896

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

large. dead to me
  10. link1896

True. Once my health improves somewhat, hopefully before mid year, I'll open the suspension shop, become a site sponsor, get my own sub forum and drag all my random shit into there.
  11. link1896

Yes and yes. Trunion is ally, lock ring delrin
  12. link1896

Aircan threaded on the inside for engagement to the eyelet assembly unlike fox’s typical design with aircans threaded on the outside. Damper body is 26.88 diameter, same as all the float/rp2/rp23 variants Steel damper rod.
  13. link1896

Sold Hayes Dominion A4 brakes

I’d step up to 2.6mm drill bit for the pilot hole instead of the specified 2.5mm hole for a m3x0.5 thread, these grub screws are doing SFA so don’t need a 2.5mm pilot hole for a tight fit. Snapping off a m3 tap would suck badly. What caliper is going to be sacrificed? This monkey business is on...
  14. link1896

Introducing a glorious trunnion mount from a 1999/2000 Cannonade Jackyll with adjustable bb height and HA. Yep. “It’s a brand new design we just perfected” spew the marketing wankers talking about the (re)launch of trunnion shocks in 2018 This example is sure going to need some love. Can I...
  15. link1896

You laugh you lose

I draw the line at tempeh.
  16. link1896

I now believe it’s economical genocide in action.
  17. link1896

You laugh you lose

18. link1896

Little Things You Hate

Sram Engineer: we gave you a 8.5mm major diameter on the XX1 chainring bolts, what more do you want marketing? JFC.
  19. link1896

Little Things You Hate

Need a loaner? I’ve got spares
  20. link1896

Friend of my partners gave birth yesterday at home in Melbourne. This friend is a nurse. Pregnant mum called an ambulance when labour started early, ambulance hadn’t arrived after 4 hours. Delivered her own baby at home, baby wasn’t breathing upon delivery. She was performing cpr while...