Search results

1. S

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I read on FB that the top part of trails (Trebuchet, Vapour, etc.) down to the container are all closed. I'm guessing they're all also wrecked? Top half of Pork Barrel too?
  2. S

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

I took a break from FB etc after getting fed up with them after New Year. Best thing I’d done in ages.
  3. S

Confessions from the fuckwits

Not me this time, but my Dad. I called him on his mobile to help him get a vaccine booster appointment. The last page on the booking website said "we'll SMS you the appointment details." Dad went into a bit of a tailspin: "where's my phone? I can't find it!" until I told him "Dad, you're...
  4. S

He (Gold Coast Mayor Tom Tate) says But then Seems to be contradicting himself. Perhaps I shouldn't be bringing logic to the argument :) Haha, some dodgy Excel spreadsheet no doubt :D A while back I was interested to know exactly how they modeled it and it was very interesting (and very...
  5. S

Little Things You Hate

My sister is the same. Literally the only thing she knows about my car is "it's blue". Which is a improvement over the previous white car I had, since half the bloody cars in the carpark seemed to be white when we used to go places!
  6. S

Rode Majura for the first time in ages. I had forgotten how much I loved the climbs (after the first 10 minutes of "WTF am I doing here???"). Couldn't get over how much grass had grown, at times it was "point and pray" as to where the trail was.
  7. S

Funny, we just kissed and made up over text message, so it seems like we're all good again. I am relieved! Ground rules are going to be important after this :D
  8. S

Had an argument with a riding buddy who's an anti-vaxxer today. It's been brewing for a while. I tried to show compassion and understanding, but let me tell you, it was hard in the heat of battle! In the end, I could see he was more interested in arguing than riding, so I decided to head back...
  9. S

Doubling every 2-3 days is what I heard. The R_eff is 2+ so far, and climbing fast.
  10. S

Formula One world championship

Yeah, they said pretty early on (3-4 races in?) that they weren't developing the car anymore. I think the last development came through around Hungary. Ferrari stopped a few races later, but they had their PU upgrade as well. It was impressive to see both teams basically work on setup for at...
  11. S

If only there was an F1 for shit stirrers, he would win that every year.
  12. S

Congrats, and that colour is awesome! Which model is it? BTW all those photos with no front brake are freaking me out :D
  13. S

Got mine yesterday too (Pfizer), no issues apart from the usual sore arm. So easy these days to just get it from the chemist! The nurse said they'd been bombarded with booster appointments since the announcement.
  14. S

https://the-race.com/formula-1/fia-issues-points-deduction-warning-ahead-of-f1-title-decider/
  15. S

And sometimes not even the Australian constitution, but the American one (which they think applies here too, apparently -- isn't the whole SovCit thing based on the American constitution?) Actually, do I even want to know?
  16. S

I think Hamilton feared as well that the race had been double-yellowed or red-flagged again too, and that Max had got that message but Lewis hadn't yet (e.g. steering wheel system hadn't shown it yet, no radio message, etc.) so he held back in case he got DSQ'd.
  17. S

That was nuts. Stomped on the brake pedal, 2.9G deceleration, did the red mist descend? Shades of Vettel in Baku?
  18. S

"Ship in distress"? That's what I'd heard, or the merchant navy flag (that's the red one?) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distress_signal#Inverted_flags
  19. S

Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

A couple of recent run-ins at Stromlo. The first was at the top of Bluetongue, a mum and two young kids exited the trail, I (politely) told them it was for MTB only, after which I got a serve from the mum about how she was entitled to walk up them as "she lived around the area" and "she wasn't...
  20. S

Confessions from the fuckwits

Coming back from a lunchtime ride covered in mud and pine needles and feeling good about myself, got to the traffic lights near home and managed to hook my handlebars through some street furniture, took a nice dive like a big potato in front of all the cars. You'd think I'd never ridden a bike...