Search results

1. phillynight

Falls Creek / Blue Dirt, 2019 & beyond?

Where/how did you book?
  2. phillynight

Reaming & Dropper internal routing plan

Well it's done... probably the first and only reamed 30.9 Internal Fox Transfer on a Bottlerocket. Can't wait to get out and ride it now
  3. phillynight

VIC WTB: 26" MTB tires 2.25-2.4"

@moorey thanks for the tires mate, I owe ya one!!
  4. phillynight

Pass around the reamer 30.0 to 30.9

Cool yeah I did a tonne of research and couldn't find any horror stories that dissuaded me. I guess you worked out how to crank on the handle hahaha sorry that was a little ghetto but it worked well for me, just vicegripped that one handle side on tight and it was gravy.
  5. phillynight

Whoa seriously?! What was the O.O. of the tube hahaha and I thought the Bottlerocket seat tube was overkill!
  6. phillynight

Legends! I didn't know you lived in the same place, that would rock!
  7. phillynight

That would work too... let me see if I can organise a pickup from Labcanary first but if I can't this sounds like a big upgrade combo for her too
  8. phillynight

hahah yea I am a dual citizen. Moved here in 2013 but hard to break some old spelling habits. @Labcanary that's awesome those would be a big upgrade for her. Ballarat is a bit far but I think I could do Broadmeadows - will PM ya, thanks!
  9. phillynight

It's with tubes. just trying to boost up her confidence and I think a wider tire would be good.
  10. phillynight

Good call, sorry I fixed it. Just local trail riding, nothing too fancy, she's on skinny 2.1's right now and would like to go a little wider without breaking the bank.
  11. phillynight

Item: Looking for a good condition set of 26"x2.25 to 26"x2.4 tires for my gf's mtb Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: $20-60 Extra Info: Mostly local trail riding, she is running 2.1 right now and looking to go wider but she's not at the level of buying $150 worth of tires just yet
  12. phillynight

You can just use a bit of sandpaper on a pipe (or wrapped around your old 30.0 post) to smooth the step, that's what I did. It's only a .45 step so it's not too hard to smooth out
  13. phillynight

Ah okay cool no worries it's good karma or something like that I guess... hoping that one day when I'm stuck out on the trail with a flat or mangled derailleur that someone gives me a hand hahah
  14. phillynight

Did you need it too?
  15. phillynight

100% I was looking around for a secondhand Fox external but I couldn't find one :/
  16. phillynight

After a tonne of debating this I decided to do it like this with Jagwire cable guides
  17. phillynight

I've recently bought an adjustable reamer and handle to ream a seat tube from 30.0 -> 30.9 and it all went really well. The tool works great and it just takes a bit of cutting fluid, a measuring caliper and some muscles to spin it like 200 times. I just passed on the reamer to @CHEWY and wanted...
  18. phillynight

Ah damn that's nice, I could def chuck you some money too for a lift or two. I've left a VM for Blue Dirt and I'll likely swing by just to see if they had any cancellations or openings. I'll be on a white Bottlerocket so def yell out if you see me!
  19. phillynight

Their website is showing Sold Out but I will give them a call at 10 when they open. Self shuttling might work or pedaling if all else fails but that just means wayyyy less rides and also rubbery legs hahah
  20. phillynight

I am headed to Falls Creek to ride on Saturday but just saw Blue Dirt shuttles are sold out... are there any alternative shuttles by chance?