Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’ve made pullers like this before. Problem is the bearing you inevitably absolutely must use this style of tool with, the bearing seat is semi blind, the seat opening is a bees dick bigger then the bearing ID, there is nowhere to get the expanding pullers wedge tips in.

Compressing the bearing inner race or a tool where pins located between the balls are a must.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
I've been doing NO machining for a while, which is sad as I'm a toolmaker by trade..
My job now is a CAD jockey..
But I have a factory full of laser cutters and folders at my disposal.. I decided I need a street luge so did some pretty pictures and bamm here it is..
IMG_20230317_212813_705~2.jpg

Not happy with the handle bar because it doesn't have enough room for my hands with gloves on so welding a new one up now..
It's going to scare me haha

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I've been doing NO machining for a while, which is sad as I'm a toolmaker by trade..
But I have a factory full of laser cutters and folders at my disposal.. I decided I need a street luge so did some pretty pictures and bamm here it is..
View attachment 398121
Not happy with the handle bar because it doesn't have enough room for my hands with gloves on so welding a new one up now..
That some kind of street luge death machine? :p

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
View attachment 398121
FAB1 chassis?
Or prototype Tyrrell P34?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Mate asked me to machine up a bracket for a supercharged ls. The idler in the stock position interfered with the snout on the charger. Bit of 25 thick 6061 and some time and it worked out pretty well. Lousy phone pics...

Skimmed the top and bottom flat then cut the basic shape on the bandsaw. Back to the mill to tidy up the saw cuts. Then milled half away from one side and half on the opposite side. The housing is tapped M10x1.5 so some 10mm holes to bolt the bracket on. Then drilled and tapped M10x1.5 in the bracket. I was skimping on material so I drilled a bit of scrap 12mm plate and made a temporary base, bolted that to the bracket and then used a holesaw to cut out the bracket for clearance to the idler body.

Initially he wanted it offset only about 50mm but that would not have left enough meat in the centre and space wasn't that big an issue so 50 became 70. So much aluminium on the mill... Many cleanups.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Mate asked me to machine up a bracket for a supercharged ls. The idler in the stock position interfered with the snout on the charger. Bit of 25 thick 6061 and some time and it worked out pretty well. Lousy phone pics...

Skimmed the top and bottom flat then cut the basic shape on the bandsaw. Back to the mill to tidy up the saw cuts. Then milled half away from one side and half on the opposite side. The housing is tapped M10x1.5 so some 10mm holes to bolt the bracket on. Then drilled and tapped M10x1.5 in the bracket. I was skimping on material so I drilled a bit of scrap 12mm plate and made a temporary base, bolted that to the bracket and then used a holesaw to cut out the bracket for clearance to the idler body.

Initially he wanted it offset only about 50mm but that would not have left enough meat in the centre and space wasn't that big an issue so 50 became 70. So much aluminium on the mill... Many cleanups.
Nice job!