Little Things You Hate

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
I have been somewhat amused by MYOB's recent upper level offerings that state that they also offer an ERP platform. I would assume that if the performance criteria is that it is as fucking painful to use as the larger players offerings, then I guess they would have an equally capable system.

One of my former employers used to use Mincom Ellipse, that was also quite clunky, but for whatever reason seemed to make a bit more sense than what I've seen of Send Another Payment.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A client of mine has transitioned to SAP. Amidst all that fuckery, they have lumped all their suppliers with the requirement to send invoices through that system. Yet they haven't sorted it and its invoicing day today.
its F@#ing funny when its happening to someone else

We just 'upgraded' from a local server ERP to cloud based ERP whilst also dumping all the customizations we had. This mornings fun was discovering that all the pricing data has been replaced with the username of whoever created that part...
as much as i try to stay calm and remind myself idiots keep me in a job I dont think i could contain a chorus of I told you so in this case

cammas

Seamstress
I would kill to have SAP for my job but we only use it for PO’s and receipting, we have INFOR for production and the rest of my work is spreadsheets that someone did, that’s no longer with the business etc.
Today I was trying to work out why all the stocks were up the shit on the back tab of one, ask one of the other guys, “oh yeah the formulas were screwed up on the other tabs and didn’t think of your tab so I deleted it and redid from last weeks” there was an hour wasted trying to work out how I fucked it up then fixing it.

MasterOfReality

After forever
its F@#ing funny when its happening to someone else
I have had on-off experience with SAP going back to 2003, and my missus was heavily involved in it's implementation for one of the mining companies she worked for. Doesn't make it any easier though!

Invoice was sent last night to one of the managers. Get a phone call this morning, he is confused as hell because he didn't know how he received an invoice. He thought it was going to come through SAP.

Basically just had to say I told you we were doing the invoicing run, the invoice has gotta go to somewhere and that's you. We aren't waiting for your company to sort its self out.

Lets see if it gets paid (30 day payment terms). My service agreement says outstanding payments accrues 12% per annum compounding monthly.

nathanm

Eats Squid
bought a set of shimano 4 pot brakes. didn't look at the pics close enough (and the seller didn't have much of a description) and after fitting, cutting hoses etc I realised the brake levers are different. One is a MT501? and the other a deore. I mean they're essentially the same and the deore is an upgrade but my "OCD" cannot handle mismatched lever models. It's going to do my head in until I match them.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
bought a set of shimano 4 pot brakes. didn't look at the pics close enough (and the seller didn't have much of a description) and after fitting, cutting hoses etc I realised the brake levers are different. One is a MT501? and the other a deore. I mean they're essentially the same and the deore is an upgrade but my "OCD" cannot handle mismatched lever models. It's going to do my head in until I match them.
Sell them to @moorey, fixed.
We did a project for a company that had Oracle fully integrated into their business. Design engineers created products and parts and these kicked off the process. Full tracking from product birth to supply and installation. As part of the contract we had to adopt a mini Oracle system to track our bit, invoice etc. Training for this and how it worked. Concept was brilliant. We knew on site where every component was, on the design engineers computer, in manufacture, outsourced, on a ship etc. Oracle prompted delivery or manufacturing by working backwards from construction dates. Superb! We were told they had teams tracking supply and would ensure JIT at worst case. A year in and we are very close to needing a part that would take a good 6 months to manufacture. A large steam header, 29t of pipe and tube in a high chrome steel. No problems they said we will confirm. So did we. According to Oracle still being designed. Big oh fuck moment. Crisis meeting about how to build around this sucker and put it in later. A few days later the store men were out getting parts from a new shipment. Hey you know that big hunk of pipe you are chasing? Think it is in this case. Sure enough it was there. Client launched a big investigation on who and how. But even better Oracle calculated progress claims for the end client from all the data. Supply claim got to 113% before it was questioned. Great system. Shit input.

cammas

Seamstress
Going for after work drinks but getting caught up at work then arriving late for drinks, then staying late catching up with people you worked with then probably having one or two too many pints whilst talking shit. Now sitting on a train home realising you agreed to start riding at 8am meaning you’ve got to get up at 6:45 to pack the car and ride for the first time in 7-8 weeks :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Going for after work drinks but getting caught up at work then arriving late for drinks, then staying late catching up with people you worked with then probably having one or two too many pints whilst talking shit. Now sitting on a train home realising you agreed to start riding at 8am meaning you’ve got to get up at 6:45 to pack the car and ride for the first time in 7-8 weeks :rolleyes:

Being Piss-fit is a sport that takes many years of dedication :cool:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
did you count your shots like you sometimes count drinks. i swear that was only 3 or 4.
Nope it was all official, got into trouble at half time for taking too long stocking up. The clubhouse bar didn't have any more so the bar attendant had to go to the storage area.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Woken by a clients call at 630am. And another at 1030pm. Same site, totally random issues unrelated to the critical stuff going on today.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
While SAP is bad, SunSystems is fucking tragic ERP software that will force you to reconsider life itself. I’ve PTSD from that shit that will last me a lifetime
Saw this and thought I should scroll through further, because my work uses a system that is fucken balls...
We just 'upgraded' from a local server ERP to cloud based ERP whilst also dumping all the customizations we had. This mornings fun was discovering that all the pricing data has been replaced with the username of whoever created that part...

https://www.ecisolutions.com/en-au/products/m1/

Their website is almost as confusing as their ERP software.
And there it is! Fucken M1.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. Useless fucken system. I fucken refuse to have anything to do with it.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Saw this and thought I should scroll through further, because my work uses a system that is fucken balls...

And there it is! Fucken M1.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. Useless fucken system. I fucken refuse to have anything to do with it.
Yep, I hear ya... I try to avoid using it as much as possible and concentrate on designing cool shit for people with loads of disposable income!
1662338311554.png

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Speaking of software that can die in a fire: Adobe Acrobat. "Oh you wanted all those changes and comments you spent 3 hours marking up on Friday to actually be saved when you clicked save changes? That's novel. But yeah didn't happen"
Massive agree on Adobe Acrobat DC. Gotta be the worst program on the planet for editing pdfs. So infuriating!! Anyone would think that they of all people would have the editing tools sorted, but nooooo...