What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Opened the shed looked at it, cbf fixing it today..
View attachment 392394
I put my bike away in the dark after last Sundays off. I didn't realise I had managed to blow the wiper out of position, the travel o-ring was up against the crown as well.
Dark lord of the send...

#sendlord!
The send is strong.

More like
#crashlord
#tooheavyforforklord

Or
#didashitjobofforkservicelord
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

ausdb

Being who he is
I didn't fix my bike but serviced my sons KS E10 dropper, seems to go up and down better than it did so fingers crossed. The biggest problem seemed to be the manky looking grease inside it, looked like cheesy old lithium grease and the cartridge seemed a bit sticky which was weird as it's previous owner said it had been replaced under warranty just before he sold it.
I then decided it was time to put an old friend down and stripped the drive train off the bike that took me on the path of roadies before I returned to mtb. The compact cranks will go on a slightly newer roadie that's destined for the trainer when it arrives but currently has a big boy crankset on it.
DSC_1060-picsay.jpg

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Wasn't today. There's is no way in hell I'm getting on that thing today. This started Friday night.

Screenshot_20220828-101807_Strava.jpg

My first attempt at an overnight race. Have more than a few lessons to take away but happy to snag 4th place, only 4 laps down on the winner, who was an absolute machine and made me look like I was standing still every time he passed. In fact when he passed me just after dawn I'd pretty much decided that was it, I'm never racing again. It was also about that point in time that I realised trying to eat while moving really wasn't working, so from then on I stopped to eat, which dropped my lap times by 15 minutes, including the stop.

Other than feeding the chain between the spokes and 1st gear over a rocky patch on lap two, Evie was faultless. I need to find better grips, the fleshy part at the base of my thumbs took a freaking hammering. She's a bit filthy now though.

Sightseeing today. We'll drive over the range and show the boys the tip of the gulf while we're over here. Back home tomorrow.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Wasn't today. There's is no way in hell I'm getting on that thing today. This started Friday night.

View attachment 392406

My first attempt at an overnight race. Have more than a few lessons to take away but happy to snag 4th place, only 4 laps down on the winner, who was an absolute machine and made me look like I was standing still every time he passed. In fact when he passed me just after dawn I'd pretty much decided that was it, I'm never racing again. It was also about that point in time that I realised trying to eat while moving really wasn't working, so from then on I stopped to eat, which dropped my lap times by 15 minutes, including the stop.

Other than feeding the chain between the spokes and 1st gear over a rocky patch on lap two, Evie was faultless. I need to find better grips, the fleshy part at the base of my thumbs took a freaking hammering. She's a bit filthy now though.

Sightseeing today. We'll drive over the range and show the boys the tip of the gulf while we're over here. Back home tomorrow.
Well done. No saddle sores or cramping issues? Have you looked at the daggy Ergon GP1/2 grips. I found they were good for marathon events.

The downtime podcast with Rab Wardell had some good tips on using drink powders to keep the carbs and salts up. There were some good podcasts back in the day with Jason English talking about nutrition and prep for races. They might still be around on Google.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
The downtime podcast with Rab Wardell had some good tips on using drink powders to keep the carbs and salts up. There were some good podcasts back in the day with Jason English talking about nutrition and prep for races. They might still be around on Google.
RIP Rab. Liked the bits of his I’ve come across

Cardy George

Well done. No saddle sores or cramping issues? Have you looked at the daggy Ergon GP1/2 grips. I found they were good for marathon events.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
No sores, no cramping. Probably could've refreshed the chamois cream in the last couple of hours. I don't generally suffer from crampong, but for things like this I dissolve a big pinch of pink salt in my drink mix.

I have Ergon GA3 grips on at the moment, but I think I need more cushioning. And Melrose is the most rockiest place I've ever ridden, didn't help.

Cardy George

In other news. The Ex-Vice Captain raced the Melrose 6hr in a duo with another of our juniors on the same course. They were riding second against senior duos, including our own @ozzybmx and his No2 bike destroyer, until Ex-VC had a lap from hell. Missed a change over by two minutes, was nearly driven into riding out of the main street, fell off a cliff (yes @ozzybmx that cliff with the step) and then had a flat at the top of the first major climb. He had to walk down to get help, costing them about 30 mins. He was feeling like he let the team down, so at 3.17pm he set out on a flier to try and make it back by the 4pm hard cut finish. Made the line with 53 seconds to spare, set his fastest lap of the race at 42 minutes, and bumped them back up to 6th. Super proud of the little fella :D

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I watched @Cardy George go round in lots of circles. Well done, massive effort ! I did a shit load less riding than that massive effort.

Demolition man strikes again. Riding my Cotic, comes back with rear derailleur in bits and a missing jockey wheel, he had to leave the lap and come down a grab my bike then re-join where he left.
Lap 2 comes back and has had a pedal strike, smashing off half a pedal on one side of my Spur.

Between the derailleur and pedal swap, we lost about 15 minutes. 2nd place would probably have been ours without the mechanicals.

Also didnt help that on my shortcut lap, I chose to drink a beer and rather than save me 8-10 minutes, I was 5 minutes slower than my normal laps.

Weather couldn't have been better, Sunny and 22 degrees.

Oh yeah... #1 plate ;)

dfgad.jpg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
fell off a cliff (yes @ozzybmx that cliff with the step)
Its a long way down. 5m slide and hard to get back up.

That used to be lot worse, it got reworked and made easier as it used to be a ledge that you needed to pop the front wheel up on and then hop the rear.
Its seen a bit action over the years.

#1 son went down there when he was about 10, that step scared the life out of him for a long time after that.

If you were riding places like Melrose more often, you might see the benefit of a dropper on the XC bike for those techy features and the descents.

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Went out to anglesea to have that ride I fucked up by forgetting my axs battery a few weeks back. Great day for it. Did a loop of the DH stuff and then across to the cross country side

Great day for it. Wasn't expecting to get my bike so muddy either.

Stopped for icecream at the Great Ocean road icecreamery and got a passionfruit sponge from the fresh water cakes bakery on the ay home. Spoiler alert, it's nothing special. No one is travelling to buy one of these like some publications would have you belive.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Went out to anglesea to have that ride I fucked up by forgetting my axs battery a few weeks back. Great day for it. Did a loop of the DH stuff and then across to the cross country side

Great day for it. Wasn't expecting to get my bike so muddy either.

Stopped for icecream at the Great Ocean road icecreamery and got a passionfruit sponge from the fresh water cakes bakery on the ay home. Spoiler alert, it's nothing special. No one is travelling to buy one of these like some publications would have you belive.
There’s a DH side?? o_O