What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ausdb

Being who he is
It was a pretty rainy in Perth and not the best weather for riding but it ended up being new helmet day.
Mr10 became Mr11 last week and had some birthday money to spend. A not so local LBS had some Proframes on sale for a cracker deal $265 so we took a drive to have a look as he's been wanting a full face for ages. Mr11 was smitten immediately with the fluoro yellow/green of the stone colourway much to my wifes dismay, who was desperately trying to convince him to get an all black one from a shop on the opposite side of Perth that had them on sale for $299.
I've been needing a new lid so tried one on as well but fluoro is not my thing and the other ones weren't on such a good deal. I mentioned I was looking for a black one for myself but they didn't have any of my size. I walked out with a black gold for myself as they price matched the other shop. Which was great as it saved me an 80km trip to the other side of Perth.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Changed tyres on the Bronson about a month ago before a ride. Rear had a slow leak somewhere that I would fix at some point. #2 wanted to borrow the bike while we were away and I said he should top up the sealant. He removed the valve and poured the sealant in. I break the bead and pour into the tyre because I had previously clogged valves. Anyway leak was worse so I did a test, air leaking out of all the nipple holes. Shit. New rim tape needed. Stripped the wheel and spent the standard three weeks cleaning it for new tape. Taping done, holding tension on the tape, shit no knife. Ask #1 to grab me the mini Stanley knife to cut the tape and the valve hole. He comes back with a frigging Bowie knife, that my grandfather gave to my father who gave it to me etc. Thanks. Anyway after cutting the valve hole with a smaller knife it got a new valve, the previous one was clogged with Stans.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Changed tyres on the Bronson about a month ago before a ride. Rear had a slow leak somewhere that I would fix at some point. #2 wanted to borrow the bike while we were away and I said he should top up the sealant. He removed the valve and poured the sealant in. I break the bead and pour into the tyre because I had previously clogged valves. Anyway leak was worse so I did a test, air leaking out of all the nipple holes. Shit. New rim tape needed. Stripped the wheel and spent the standard three weeks cleaning it for new tape. Taping done, holding tension on the tape, shit no knife. Ask #1 to grab me the mini Stanley knife to cut the tape and the valve hole. He comes back with a frigging Bowie knife, that my grandfather gave to my father who gave it to me etc. Thanks. Anyway after cutting the valve hole with a smaller knife it got a new valve, the previous one was clogged with Stans.
I was going to say “hopefully you upgraded to schrader valves at the same time” but the fact the Bowie knife was no good to you suggests you’ve stuck with the girly valves.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Had to replace a 99٪ worn rear tyre so while the wheels were off I plonked the old 11sp "daily" wheels in to see how the tan walls looked.

Not better. Just different. Freaking loved the look of them on the orange frame. On this frame they're just good for a change, but the black ones are back on it now.

Would happily go back to using the mavics everyday, but it's a $150 gamble that the 12sp driver will work, or $500 bucks for new "crap" wheels..

bear the bear

Is a real bear
The second ride back from the spicy cough... work commuting.
Garmin watch says all my resting metrics are still out, poor sleep, high resting heart, and low body battery(Garmin metric for energy expenditure and recovery).
The rides today were Ok, but deliberately trying to keep HR under 150bpm. Lets's see if I can make the end of the week riding every day...