The QUICK question thread.....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Ti anti-sieze paste? Any Ti riders out there used it? Good/no good? Or as You Tube reviewers like to ask "worth it?".
I use copper anti seize not nickel because I was told it is better for the peiodic table galvanic thingy. I admit I didnt check. The bike was put together with koprkote and I have just followed that example as I have enough tubs of both Cu and Ni products to antiseize everything into the next millenium courtesy of a project or three.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I use copper anti seize not nickel because I was told it is better for the peiodic table galvanic thingy. I admit I didnt check. The bike was put together with koprkote and I have just followed that example as I have enough tubs of both Cu and Ni products to antiseize everything into the next millenium courtesy of a project or three.
I tend to favour nickel anti-seize purely because it’s a bit less “active”. I’ve found in the past the copper stuff is great until it runs out of material to offer up for galvanic sacrifice and then just corrodes everything together like a bastard. It’s probably just a hangover from aviation work though where there’s often a lot different metals at play all in a small area, often also with lots of heat cycling and moisture present.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Thanks. I saw something about it and wondered if I should use it on BB's etc. I have used good waterproof grease for now. Also, having a bit of trouble getting the seat post to grip and thought it might help to stop from slipping like carbon paste. Don't want to crank it down too hard.
Use carbon grip paste for the seatpost. The carrier is usually a high quality silicon grease.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I tend to favour nickel anti-seize purely because it’s a bit less “active”. I’ve found in the past the copper stuff is great until it runs out of material to offer up for galvanic sacrifice and then just corrodes everything together like a bastard. It’s probably just a hangover from aviation work though where there’s often a lot different metals at play all in a small area, often also with lots of heat cycling and moisture present.
Gunna have to consult the goat's innards when I get home.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
It's all about the brako grease ;)

EDIT: Whoops "braycote" :D

Last edited:

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Quick one for those that understand training/recovery stuff.

Is there any benefit or disbenefit to doing two recovery rides in one day? Starting to crank up the k’s from my lowly base and was thinking of doing 30min slow recovery spins in the morning and evening.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Is there any benefit or disbenefit to doing two recovery rides in one day? Starting to crank up the k’s from my lowly base and was thinking of doing 30min slow recovery spins in the morning and evening.
From my limited understanding, it would do wonders for you. Keep them in zone 2 as much as possible.

link1896

Mr Greenfield

Training to your heart rates variability trend indications, HRV, is a much more potent method of maximising training results.

With a modern heart rate chest band that supports sending the full impulse signal, the app on then phone does all the magic.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

You're effectively doing what I do commuting to work. I do my high load training on my week off work, light load on my week on. By the time my work week is over I'm ready to train again.

I had a brief discussion with a world cup level coach about how well that would work compared to a traditional 3 weeks on, 1 week off approach and he said there are many ways to achieve the load/recovery cycle. He suggested I try a 1 week on, 0.5 week off cycle. He also said the hardest part about coaching riders who also commute is getting the recovery time right