Avent Jibster
Alutech Pimpsau
Block8 Journeyman
Balfa Minuteman
.243 DH
Clifcat Tankass
Snipes Elemental

etc etc etc.....
Would never touch another twin tube frame again, the bruising was ridiculous on the inside of my knees. 17.4kg hardtail was too much haha. You've done well to remember the sluggo though! ctr bad boys another relic. It will be interesting to see what the modern take is like when this San Quentin arrives.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Would never touch another twin tube frame again, the bruising was ridiculous on the inside of my knees. 17.4kg hardtail was too much haha. You've done well to remember the sluggo though! ctr bad boys another relic. It will be interesting to see what the modern take is like when this San Quentin arrives.
Yeah, I rode one of the Nicolais, cracked my knees on it as well. Look fucking cool though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Evil had a boss twin to tube hard tail frame way back when. A young hipster rides around on one still equipped with full crowns etc here still occasionally. I offered to buy it off him as it doesn't show his xc not really serious about riding style but was all nahan I love the look and feel.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Evil had a boss twin to tube hard tail frame way back when. A young hipster rides around on one still equipped with full crowns etc here still occasionally. I offered to buy it off him as it doesn't show his xc not really serious about riding style but was all nahan I love the look and feel.
The imperial, getting huge money. Even the duncon cocks are getting 500euro now..

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve owned 2 Imperials, purely for the looks of course. Top tubes are really wide so knees are fair game. Seat tube angle was the silliest feature though, imagine the Grim Donut with head and seat angles swapped around.

Sorry about clogging up the thread, glws

pixelpuppet

Likes Dirt
…Sorry about clogging up the thread, glws
Any chat about old school DJ’s is far from clogging… I have just laid eyes on a Craftworks slalom pro with original Marzocchi Monster T’s on it. Front end was nearly as raked as the Grim Donut

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Any chat about old school DJ’s is far from clogging… I have just laid eyes on a Craftworks slalom pro with original Marzocchi Monster T’s on it. Front end was nearly as raked as the Grim Donut
Gonna need some gaff tape to hold that head tube on.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a trawl through some old pics this arvo thanks to this thread and found a few old bruisers. Wish I still had a pic of the old Morphine with DC Sliders and a 24x3 Gazzalodi on the back. Didn’t ride much but we were the height of fashion

Scotty T

Walks the walk
P.S. I got the opportunity to ride with Aaron Chase when he came to Adelaide in 2005 for the Red Bull Freight Train tour, he signed a t-shirt for me and all. Such a chill and awesome rider.
A dude I knew as Colonel (on here and 26inches.com) shot this video of the same tour in Sydney. It's so dodgy because it was migrated from Google Video when they bought YouTube, I possibly have the higher quality (PAL DVD) somewhere. Music was some mates jamming quickly thrown over a beat.

*Colonel delivered the video, Socko and Micky V who I never met shot it :)

Last edited: