Newly Released Bikes General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So what do we reckon with these bikes with through-headset routing - Will the brake hose rub through the steerer, or the steerer rub through the brake hose?

Either way, good fun catastrophic failure types to not be able to see coming!

Flow-Rider

Burner
So what do we reckon with these bikes with through-headset routing - Will the brake hose rub through the steerer, or the steerer rub through the brake hose?

Looks like a PITA to me, more fidgety shit to work with. I wonder if the steer has internal stops to mitigate the hose damage from over turning the bars.

Last edited:

PJO

in me vL comy
Next up.
Routing through the bars, ala roadie style. The brakes will be redesigned so the hoses exit near the clamp and straight into the bar ports.
Also front brakes will be routed down the inside of the steerer.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

It f#king stupid.

Easy fix though. Buy a normal headset and a 5-6mm drill bit to reroute the cabling/hoses through the downtube.

And possibly some of this if it's a carbon frame...

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's clearly a great way to one-up the stupidity of internal cable routing. Scary to think where to next.
We haven't had a new hub standard for 2 years, so I assume MegaBoost will released later this year so that we can have enough width to run the 'revolutionary' 2 front chain rings and 14 speed cassettes that the marketing departments will convince us we MUST HAVE.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It's clearly a great way to one-up the stupidity of internal cable routing. Scary to think where to next.
Will be an in thing until everyone has had enough of the bad parts.

The fix will be eGroupsets with WiFi FTW with a loud collective sigh, not this s*#t again moment for all to enjoy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We haven't had a new hub standard for 2 years, so I assume MegaBoost will released later this year so that we can have enough width to run the 'revolutionary' 2 front chain rings and 14 speed cassettes that the marketing departments will convince us we MUST HAVE.
Get ready for delta hub...a totally new way of envisioning the wheel to frame interface.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

New BH Lynx joins the list of bikes adding headset routed cables while answering the question of what would happen if you put a Trek rear triangle onto a Stumpy.
It's a fair bit different to a Stumpy. The Stumpy has an asymmetrical shock mount and brace, so apart from mounting the shock in the middle of the top tube, that's about where there similarities stop. It's closer to an Orbea Occam in the top tube arrangement but even than, it has a brace from the seat tube to the down tube.

Cleverly

Likes Bikes
It's a fair bit different to a Stumpy. The Stumpy has an asymmetrical shock mount and brace, so apart from mounting the shock in the middle of the top tube, that's about where there similarities stop. It's closer to an Orbea Occam in the top tube arrangement but even than, it has a brace from the seat tube to the down tube.
You don't get invited to a lot of parties, do you?