What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
A friend of a friend brought an old nomad over for me to look at the brakes before heading up to bright. Pads were cooked so started looking for solutions to get him going and found a pile of issues so I sent him up with my slopestyle instead and played with his nomad.

Most of the bearings were totally shot, and one was seized completely, rear axle had to be tightened with pliers, drive line messed up with motorbike chain lube, shock hardware worn to the point of about 1mm of play (doesn't sound like much, but it clunks like crazy).

Pulled it all down, cleaned, lubed, replaced broken stuff - should ride about 400% better now

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Do it ! The only thing(s) stopping me is the older frame and no internal routing, though an older style with the lever under the seat would work really well, and bikepacking with the saddle bag moving around with dust between it and the seatpost wearing a hole in my dropper stanchion.

A 50-60mm lever dropper would be awesome.
Can't unfortunately Trek Checkpoint with a seat mast topper :(.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Did the Bastion's have "No touching, you break it, you buy it signs"? :D
Haha, I do feel for those guys though. I met one of the founders a few years ago - really nice bloke who was super keen to push the boat out pretty hard on innovation and trying new things. Yep they suffered a high profile failure, but they've been transparent about it from what I've seen. Plus their bikes just look insane in person.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
South West WA for the weekend
Margaret River on Saturday and Dunsborough on Sunday purely for the reasons the state XCO was racing them the other way around
20km on the bike on Saturday - my longest MTB ride and finishing off at the Margs Brewhouse

Also an action shot of me getting some small amount of air

Dunsborough Sunday morning for a ride before heading home. More like Kalamunda if a bit less rocky

There’d been a bit of rain on the Thursday/Friday so the trails were grippy as hell

Obligatory pic of my bike after a post-ride clean. The Nukeproof is my brother in laws new Giga RS, absolute weapon but too small for me!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The Schwalbe Marathon Mondials finally gave up the ghost after 10 long years on the tourer and then my monstercross. The Kevlar bead snapped and blew out the inner tube.

Thankfully my spidey senses warned me and I bought a set of Vittoria Terreno Zeros 700x35 in expectation a couple of weeks ago. They come with all the fancy mod cons like tubeless compatibility and Graphene, but I'm running them with Tubolito tubes and some Mr Tuffy tyre liners.

I can already report that they really smooth out the road. Making a very serene ride on my Ti frame and Vibrocore flared bars even more so. Hopefully they will have much better rolling resistance than the truck tire Schwalbes.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
The Schwalbe Marathon Mondials finally gave up the ghost after 10 long years on the tourer and then my monstercross. The Kevlar bead snapped and blew out the inner tube.

Thankfully my spidey senses warned me and I bought a set of Vittoria Terreno Zeros 700x35 in expectation a couple of weeks ago. They come with all the fancy mod cons like tubeless compatibility and Graphene, but I'm running them with Tubolito tubes and some Mr Tuffy tyre liners.

I can already report that they really smooth out the road. Making a very serene ride on my Ti frame and Vibrocore flared bars even more so. Hopefully they will have much better rolling resistance than the truck tire Schwalbes.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
The swallabe spicer pluses I own have done well over 30 000kms, I keep on swapping them to keep the wear even. Haven't had many flats with them either.

teK--

Eats Squid
A friend of a friend brought an old nomad over for me to look at the brakes before heading up to bright. Pads were cooked so started looking for solutions to get him going and found a pile of issues so I sent him up with my slopestyle instead and played with his nomad.

Most of the bearings were totally shot, and one was seized completely, rear axle had to be tightened with pliers, drive line messed up with motorbike chain lube, shock hardware worn to the point of about 1mm of play (doesn't sound like much, but it clunks like crazy).

Pulled it all down, cleaned, lubed, replaced broken stuff - should ride about 400% better now

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
There is nothing more satisfying to me than replacing all the pivot bearings and seeing how amazing it feels after.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
South West WA for the weekend
Margaret River on Saturday and Dunsborough on Sunday purely for the reasons the state XCO was racing them the other way around
20km on the bike on Saturday - my longest MTB ride and finishing off at the Margs Brewhouse

Also an action shot of me getting some small amount of air

Dunsborough Sunday morning for a ride before heading home. More like Kalamunda if a bit less rocky

There’d been a bit of rain on the Thursday/Friday so the trails were grippy as hell

Obligatory pic of my bike after a post-ride clean. The Nukeproof is my brother in laws new Giga RS, absolute weapon but too small for me!

Love the Giga in the background. There's a green one that I see occasionally on our trails and they are a good looking bike. I almost went with the Nukeproof but couldn't find one in stock until a week after I bought the Madonna.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Love the Giga in the background. There's a green one that I see occasionally on our trails and they are a good looking bike. I almost went with the Nukeproof but couldn't find one in stock until a week after I bought the Madonna.
It’s a lovely bike, but even as a large it feels tiny for me. I tried to ride it and it bobbed all over the place, but he has put a 500lb spring on since which has firmed it up.
Proper enduro sled too, would be wasted on me. I was looking at a Reactor before I got my Prime, don’t think I’d have regretted it

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Installing the new tyres on the new wheels and experimenting a little with rim protection.

Up front trying out 12mm EVA closed cell. I've used the 20mm in the past on the rear and is worked really well after a lot of punishment. The front isn't usually as harsh.

A few slices to help with sealant flow and in it goes. Still can't test until next Tuesday all going well, but Harcourt should sort it.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Installing the new tyres on the new wheels and experimenting a little with rim protection.

Up front trying out 12mm EVA closed cell. I've used the 20mm in the past on the rear and is worked really well after a lot of punishment. The front isn't usually as harsh.

A few slices to help with sealant flow and in it goes. Still can't test until next Tuesday all going well, but Harcourt should sort it.

View attachment 390190
Nice one. Do you just cable tie it together?