What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
We must be neighbours, I was only 15 min ride from Camden River trail too. It's definitely gone, one of the builders showed me a bunch of pics a while back. Not only is the trail pretty much completely destroyed, but the land on which much of it sat is now gone, with the Nepean being considerably wider at some points than it previously was. Shame, it was such a great ride.

From the pics I've seen of Appin it's a long way off being back to its former glory too. I haven't ridden in Tahmoor/Thirlmere since the days of the Razorback Rangers MTB Club in the 90's!
I have one done the Camden Trail a few times and it was pretty damn good. Not a ride that gives relaxation time. I believe getting access to parts of the trail was part of the problem there and big rains must have done the rest.

I also did the Thirlmere Lakes ride back in the day. Had a local tour guide for that one. The place where I discovered that you really have to keep you eyes opened and front wheel out of wombat holes :) Yahhh...

I think there was some sort of quarry there but many 90s memories are blurry at the best of times.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Three negs suggest Novid, but whatever it is has had a bit of a "helping" hand from underlying Epstein-Barr (the little treasure behind glandular fever and chronic fatigue) which while normally dormant rarely turns down a chance to stick a boot in. Still a bit rough but I'm through the worst of it.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

Finally went and checked out / rode / shuttled Kinglake DH yesterday.

Conditions were just excellent, super grippy, trail's in great nick (unless you go off line) and is really, really fun. Looks like it'd hold up okay in wet weather too(?) Climb back up is a bit rough, but given how cold it was the exertion was kinda welcome.

Also tried to make friends with a random dog (Maremma - vaguely visible below sign in pic above) but he / she was shy.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 389924

Finally went and checked out / rode / shuttled Kinglake DH yesterday.

Conditions were just excellent, super grippy, trail's in great nick (unless you go off line) and is really, really fun. Looks like it'd hold up okay in wet weather too(?) Climb back up is a bit rough, but given how cold it was the exertion was kinda welcome.

Also tried to make friends with a random dog (Maremma - vaguely visible below sign in pic above) but he / she was shy.
That track looks just damp enough to really grab.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Headed down to melb for the weekend and managed to sneak a family ride in at the Youies. Cruised around the Kurrajongs. I don't think I've been there in about 12 years - it was a great cruisy ride. Forgot how pleasant it is around there. Miss 9 also reported she got some air on the jumps on track 15 - well it was the front wheel off the ground but I'll count it.

I think some people were over dressed for the occasion as I saw a few ebikes with full armour doing laps of the Kurrajong. Must have looked funny at my niece as she was doing laps with the child seat on the back with a 2 year old kicking her to go faster

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
A Monday morning ride is so right. It has spat a little bit of rain but the trail is not too bad.

Probably have an hour before it dumps for the next few days. Get on it while I can. This is a quick one.

A mini NBD for BigBlue. New front pads and giving an Ergon saddle a go.

20220530_104514.jpg