What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
How's the fork seem? I'm rather interested in picking up one of them myself...
Just got back from 25km ride on mostly gravel Beeb and I reckon it's a keeper. Is a bit stiffer than the Chinese fork, but not in a bad way. It replaced a 120mm Fox 34 and the bike stance and riding position don't seem too far away from what it was with that. Not having to use a backpack and having the bag in front is a bonus too. I also like the aesthetic of the rack..all in all happy with the change so far.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got out for a couple of hours today. Up the Kalang fire trail, Priest fire trail to the North South track up the the Stone Bridge. Turned around and headed back down the N/S track. Stopped to take the photo at the junction with the Kangaroo Fire trail. The sun, just before mid day looked really weak through the trees. Come on Solstice!
Finished up on the bottom of the old DH track and through the small jump line. Felt so good I rode back and did the jumps again. Never gets old even if I only marginally improve.
While I am down near the gate taking of my knee pads, I get a text from my wife who is in St Helens to visit her mum. Picture on text is of her at the start of Dreaming Pools Trail ;(. Must be giving Mum a miss.
Always good to get out.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Made some changes to the kid's bikes.

Toddler now has a disc brake on his balance bike.
View attachment 389877
School kid has an air fork and front disc brake on his bike.
View attachment 389878
No colour coordination on these bikes, it's all technicolour vomit and they like it that way!
How are you finding the fork? I need to source a 20" fork for my youngest and I don't feel like shelling out for a Manitou J-unit.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
How are you finding the fork? I need to source a 20" fork for my youngest and I don't feel like shelling out for a Manitou J-unit.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Well, the "speed lochout" seems to work fine.

I dropped the lowers before putting it on his bike. The wipers were a bit lacking in grease and there is no lubricating oil. I forgot to check if it has foam rings or not. I chucked 5ml of supergliss 100k in each leg anyway and put a crusher washer on each leg bolt as it didn't come with such high tech stuff.
The included starnut was a pain to install, if I were to do it again I'd just use one included with a reputable headset.
I also forgot to check the stanchion diameter. I'll check tomorrow and edit this post.
They're kinda heavy for such a little fork, but they do go boing boing alright.
There's no adjustment beyond air pressure and the lochout.

Edit: 32mm

Last edited:

geekman

Squid
In Perth visiting the parents so hit Kalamunda circuit today for the first time since 2013. Hired an ebike (trek rail) for the first time, some thoughts:
  • there’s no better way to ride a wide range of trails if you’re travelling and time is limited. I could see how it would be useful learning enduro race tracks during practice too.
  • I wish it had more range, barely cracked a sweat after 30km but was down to 1 bar battery.
  • was really fun on the ups but I found it’s limits on the downs pretty quickly, it’s a tank (but bike spec was basic). Found it jumped ok but had to really haul.
  • I didn’t like the feeling of hitting 25km/h, motor cutting out and the bike suddenly becoming a heavy boat.
  • didn’t take long to get use to the WA pea gravel again, smooth and predictable. There’s been no new kala trails since I left WA but every single trail had been updated/reworked in some way so was all fresh.
  • I’ll hire one again but can’t see myself buying one for a long time.