Wheel bearing came out...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Pooop. I removed the cassette off a wheel and the bearing came out as well. I've tried pressing it back in but it gets to here and then stops. I'm frightened to crank on the press as it came out easy enough with the cassette.... Thoughts??

Attachments

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Remove freehub, remove offending bearing, check bearing and bearing seat. Go from there.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I'm with Oddjob, you're likely getting friction against both inner and outer. Pull the freehub off and set the bearing in that and then tap the inner bearing race onto the axle.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
That’s normal. That’s a real sram driver by the looks of it.

Sram are the one of the few (industry 9 do too) manufacturer of XD drivers who leave half the bearings outer race unsupported. Sometimes they float about, installing the cassette locates the bearing correctly.

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
That’s normal. That’s a real sram driver by the looks of it.

Sram are the one of the few (industry 9 do too) manufacturer of XD drivers who leave half the bearings outer race unsupported. Sometimes they float about, installing the cassette locates the bearing correctly.

Thank god for @link1896! The rest of you are idiots.... I mean thanks for everyone's advice

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
No one mentioned a hammer? Didn’t know about the cassette locating the bearing. Will add to the brain file.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The place has changed ever since @Ultra Lord took up electrics in place of uggaduggatappamometry.
Doesn’t everyone instal glands with a hammer?
EMC stuff is a little difficult but I did figure out a special technique. taptapBONK instead of the normal straight bonk.