What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Time to let ham back ?
Does the guy owe you money or something @ozzybmx? Seriously... o_O

He had a few entertaining moments, about 12,958,421,537,628,415 annoying moments - learnt next to nothing (despite peoples best efforts) and tried to offer advice on stuff he'd never seen/used/ridden/understood.

I'm sure he's a nice dude at heart (he did genuinely seem so), but he lit his own bonfire and @Dozer tells us this forum ain't no phoenix pyre.

beeb

Completed my Easter weekend #ridelikemoorey challenge and went for a spin on the gravel bike. New stem is perfection. Poodle’s magic crank token (by Token) added at least 3 Watts to my pedalling power (probably, placebo still counts right?), and instead of doing my usual thing and blowing up around the 25km mark, I ended up doing 41.5km and felt like I had plenty more to spare. Haven’t ridden this thing for a few weeks and had forgotten how bloody quick it is!

One for @Cardy George:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Completed my Easter weekend #ridelikemoorey challenge and went for a spin on the gravel bike. New stem is perfection. Poodle’s magic crank token (by Token) added at least 3 Watts to my pedalling power (probably, placebo still counts right?), and instead of doing my usual thing and blowing up around the 25km mark, I ended up doing 41.5km and felt like I had plenty more to spare. Haven’t ridden this thing for a few weeks and had forgotten how bloody quick it is!
View attachment 388391

One for @Cardy George:
View attachment 388392
Sick bike, but needs less gears.

beeb

View attachment 388393
I have a ss hardtail already
Have fun riding that 40+km. Haha.

But honestly though the Highball would suck without gears. It’d spin out way before you could reach its cruising speed, or it’d be unrideable up sustained steep climbs. It’s a predominantly bikepath/gravel bike so pedalling efficiently is the aim of the game. Spinning like VTEC just kicked in just doesn’t get me in that ‘zen’ headspace like this thing does.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Have fun riding that 40+km. Haha.

But honestly though the Highball would suck without gears. It’d spin out way before you could reach its cruising speed, or it’d be unrideable up sustained steep climbs. It’s a predominantly bikepath/gravel bike so pedalling efficiently is the aim of the game. Spinning like VTEC just kicked in just doesn’t get me in that ‘zen’ headspace like this thing does.
Ahahaha VTEC, too funny.

I was keen to SS the cotic but need more fitness first.
Too many days on the moto, not enough pedal time. Then the great moistening hit Sydney and everything's fucked.

Did go for a pedal today though! It was awesome. Getting some speed back as I get used to the new bike, cleared all the old jumps bar two step downs into rocks and didn’t blow up my ankle again! Good bike is good. Climbs stupidly well, first bike I’m not hanging off the rear wheel anytime the trail points up. Absolutely smitten with it.

And that little dj bike has been on some big ride days just quietly! The trick is to pedal then coast with a knee on the seat on flat ground. Get up to VTEC spin speeds, then just whack a few pedals in as needed to maintain sufficient velocity.

beeb

Ahahaha VTEC, too funny.

I was keen to SS the cotic but need more fitness first.
Too many days on the moto, not enough pedal time. Then the great moistening hit Sydney and everything's fucked.

Did go for a pedal today though! It was awesome. Getting some speed back as I get used to the new bike, cleared all the old jumps bar two step downs into rocks and didn’t blow up my ankle again! Good bike is good. Climbs stupidly well, first bike I’m not hanging off the rear wheel anytime the trail points up. Absolutely smitten with it.

And that little dj bike has been on some big ride days just quietly! The trick is to pedal then coast with a knee on the seat on flat ground. Get up to VTEC spin speeds, then just whack a few pedals in as needed to maintain sufficient velocity.
Fair (and excellent to hear you’re gelling with the new rig!).

Weirdly I’m alright with burst sprints (not great, but good enough for most of my riding), it’s the long-burn fitness I’m lacking - so path rides are being used as a way to bump that up. Seems to be working too. I’ve had a few really solid climb efforts lately (without finding myself feeling like I’m at risk of a heart attack at the top) and have been ending a ride feeling like I’ve still got a little left in the tank - which is a lot better than where I was even 6 months ago. Still a long way to go before I join Strava and start doing 6 hour down-gravel-country epics though.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

Rode Lake Mountain today. Honestly if you're in Victoria currently get yer bike and go ride it. Conditions are perfect. Actually perfect. Topped off by a great vibe, everyone out was really friendly, shit talking was primo and ebikers were apologizing for overtaking you. Most fun I've had on a bike in ages. 10/10 go do.