Red Hill new trail (please help!)

teK--

Eats Squid
New trail about to drop!

We have all approvals and permits to build a new gravity MTB trail at Red Hill.

Due to the enormous cost get to get the project to this point, we are looking for your help to fund the final stage: Construction!

Please see this Link, consider donating, and share once you're done!

Thankyou, from Red Hill Riders MTB Club and all the riders.

Pic for attention :p

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I see they have just fixed up the very off-camber section on Crusher.
I slid off into the tree for the last time on Saturday haha, but is was a very fun bit of track if you did get it right.

teK--

Eats Squid
I see they have just fixed up the very off-camber section on Crusher.
I slid off into the tree for the last time on Saturday haha, but is was a very fun bit of track if you did get it right.
Haha yeah that part was sketchy, but so rewarding when you clear it without dabbing. That and the rutted hairpins made Crusher the most technical trail in the park.

geekman

Squid
Happy to throw in some $$$ but the MP Shire has $7m surplus and they couldn’t spare another $80k to build the trail? They are probably spending that on the study to see if the nudie beach in Mt Eliza should stay a nudie beach.
(from a disgruntled ratepayer)

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Where will trail 28 be located @teK-- ?

Threw a few sheckles in btw.
Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Last edited:

teK--

Eats Squid
Hi all thanks for the support and interest so far!

We have been advised to keep the location of the new trail under wraps for now to discourage people looking for it and attempting to ride whilst it is under construction. We all know that tends to be a problem as not everyone respects trail closure signage. What I can share is that it will make the most use of the natural elevation at the park. Take that as you will ;)

As for MP Shire Council contributing, we have made the most use of government funding programs where available. Most recently the Arthurs Seat Mountain Bike Trails project was awarded $196K out of $3.6M allocated to the South Metro Region. Those funds were utilised for 4 new trails including Saw Tooth, Bowsaw, Crusher, and Wonga. We have made another approach to state government for more funding (which could be used towards Track 28), and have been advised to sit tight to see what, if any further grant programs will be budgeted for the 2022-2023 year.

In the meantime we have received fantastic support from MP Shire Council in terms of advocating for us to have received the earlier grant. They will also help us with further grant opportunities. Also the local Parks Vic ranger is a strong supporter of MTB and contributed towards getting our permits for this new trail.

With the explosion in the number of riders we know everyone is keen to get more trails and so the crowd funding option has been seriously entertained rather than wait for further funds from government. The Committee also engaged a professional community club fundraising consultant to see how we can generate additional revenue from other activities during the year.

This weekend the second Search for Stoke women's gravity event will run which we hope will generate greater interest, club memberships and improve exposure of the sport.

Thanks for sharing :D

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
This weekend the second Search for Stoke women's gravity event will run which we hope will generate greater interest, club memberships and improve exposure of the sport.
Yeah was at that yesterday, 120 riders apparently which seems an awesome turn out. Everyone seemed to be having a great time, the course layout worked well and my mates who were racing loved it.

teK--

Eats Squid
Hi all,

The secret is kinda out by now, that the construction barriers were removed a couple of weeks ago and Track 28 - Gunn Barrel is now rideable, ahead of formal announcement of its opening.

There have been lots of changes since its pilot use in the Nationals Race last year, so these features will take some bedding in.

A couple of areas will require some minor tweaking based on feedback so far.

Be careful of the squirrel catcher at the start which the local shop said has claimed a few rear wheels already ;P

Here's a good track preview (not mine):

Thanks to everyone who donated, or bought raffle tickets which all helped to make this new track happen.