What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

moorey

call me Mia
What will happen if he goes P1 on the weekend...
I suspect a few other kids would be looking at their own bikes and wondering what went wrong.....
He loves Beauty, has done well there in the past, so if the body holds up, and he can familiarise himself with the bike quickly, he'll have a blast no matter what. This year is just a building year for him. Was bumped up to u19's early with changes to the series, so he's just enjoying hiding against some tougher competition. No that u17 was really any easier than u19. They're all crazy fast.
ENR won't pedal as well, I know that, but it certainly won't hold him back in the Beauty chunder.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been having a problem bwith my Fox X2 shock on the Dreadnought. After much toing and froing, Fox supplied a new shock.

The initial run with it shows the rear end being super plush. Even more than the coil fitted Highlander. So far, so happy.

Hopefully it holds up without issue. I've heard mixed things about current models. :oops:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I've been having a problem bwith my Fox X2 shock on the Dreadnought. After much toing and froing, Fox supplied a new shock.

The initial run with it shows the rear end being super plush. Even more than the coil fitted Highlander. So far, so happy.

Hopefully it holds up without issue. I've heard mixed things about current models. :oops:
Was just reading somewhere last night, think it was Pinkbike comments on the Ohlins air shock review that the X2 has a few issues and failing regularly for users. Hopefully yours stays good!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

Hopefully you have a good one. Lots of reports of the 2021/22 model having issues and going back under warranty. I’ve had one in my cart for weeks but need more positive reports before trying my luck with Fox again.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hopefully you have a good one. Lots of reports of the 2021/22 model having issues and going back under warranty. I’ve had one in my cart for weeks but need more positive reports before trying my luck with Fox again.
I've run them before (2019 MY) and they've been good, as long as they're serviced when they become unsupportive. I did mine annually and the two bikes I had with them on were great.

The one new with the frame was never 100% right. This one is better straight away. All lucky charms are held firmly!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Got out for the weekly arvo/evening/night ride with @fjohn860. Wind was going pretty strong when we arrived, so we went up and over the hill down into the plantation trails to start, then back up onto the steeper trails once night had set in and the wind died off a bit. Trails were running mint, must’ve had a bunch of rain yesterday the ‘burbs didn’t get because everything was hard pack and grippy save for a couple of puddles of standing water here and there… Cracker of a sunset tonight too, one of those ever-changing colours type of nights. This was late in the piece, but had to stop and grab a couple of snaps.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Got out for the weekly arvo/evening/night ride with @fjohn860. Wind was going pretty strong when we arrived, so we went up and over the hill down into the plantation trails to start, then back up onto the steeper trails once night had set in and the wind died off a bit. Trails were running mint, must’ve had a bunch of rain yesterday the ‘burbs didn’t get because everything was hard pack and grippy save for a couple of puddles of standing water here and there… Cracker of a sunset tonight too, one of those ever-changing colours type of nights. This was late in the piece, but had to stop and grab a couple of snaps.
View attachment 387836

View attachment 387837
'twas a good ride!
@beeb's phone takes much better pictures than my chinese listening device.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
View attachment 387836

View attachment 387837
Jealous af.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Waxed the chains finally, shortened the gear and lock out cables, sorted the computer and light mounts, pulled the rear shock apart to put in the middle sized volume spacer and gave it a bath before it's race debut tomorrow. I wanted to shorten the brake lines too, but the barb and olives are still a couple days away.

Probably should have taken a photo of the shaft, so you'll have to wait till next time, but basically the Kashima you can see from the outside is just a guide, and the moving piece is effectively a double ended fork outer leg. The damper lives inside the shaft, driven by the bolt that goes in the hole in the middle of the carrier. The shock stroke length is no more than 30mm. There's also oil soaked foam blocks to help control sideways movement. Somewhat typically from both suspension manufacturers, neither the shaft seals nor foam blocks had any lubrication.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Measured a few things for having to get rid of the rear rim shortly, checked all the pivots, shock mounts, drive side cranks, chainring, tightened all the tensioner bolts (which I'm pretty sure was the source of the flying animal / insect noises that had been bugging me and anyone that rode with me recently), gave the cog and belt good scrub and gave the belt a bit of silicon love.

All looking good and quiet for the ride at the Youies in the morning followed by a bit of a BBQ.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Binned it.
Had a bit of rain last couple of days so there was a bit of tack in the trails today for a change. Zipped into a little switchback with a tree you have to duck under and put the front wheel in the dry loose stuff on the side of a small embankment and went down like a sack of shit. 5kms in and was keen for a longer one so kept going to make it 52kms. Good to tick off the first spill on the new rig, get it out of the way. Gonna be a bit sore later.
Bike is ok

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Spent a couple of hours yesterday, and a few more today pulling the primary bike apart to swap brakes, as well as put some PlastiDip on the chainstay. Was not a fun exercise, broke my favourite side cutters and managed to flog out my parrot beak cable cutters too. Still not finished, now have two rear brakes to bleed, and a rear rotor to swap over.

On the upside, both my bikes now have matching front and rear brake levers, and I've at least managed to replace the brake hose and gear outer on my Stumpy. Discovering that I had to pull the rear triangle apart to replace the hose and cable did not make me happy though.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Should cross post this with the fuckwits thread.

Last ride on my Deviate, I thought the idler was creaking.

Cleaned, regreased AND gave up trying to run it without seals, so re-fitted the Scottish mud-proof seals as Aussie bulldust seems equally as bad.

Took it to Melrose and squawk-squawk-squawk, was fckn doing my head in.

Rode it the next day while squawking, analysing what was going on.

Got home and stripped the cranks off... bloody shithouse Shimano 12spd interface, there's a full 1mm wiggle between cranks and the spiderless 12spd ring when semi tight, it was creaking like a biatch under load. Stripped and cleaned the interface, the looseness of these is concerning. Now chockers with threadlocker and tightened the lockring to many many ugga duggas.

Took it for a ride, ~600vm of climbing... super silent and many smiles, so glad this is sorted, it was making me sad that this bike was creaking :)

Last edited: