COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

indica

Serial flasher
Novavax has had an extremely substantial trial, moreso than what the others have had
I know he's resting but I'm pretty fucking sure the mass worldwide trial of the Pfizer and Moderna and AtstroBoy vaccines had many many more doses delivered than the Novakax vax did.
Am I wrong? ---- Nope

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I did but I assume he can still browse.

tbh I'm not a massive fan of giving holidays and people have a right to make their point. However with all the sacrifices people have had to make over the last couple of years, giving people a platform to spread misinformation isn't on IMO.

He has no coherent argument anyway, just flitting from talking point to talking point. I assume it all comes from some central source where they workshop this shit together.

The brother with the lab in Wuhan was possibly a bit too ambitious a line to push.
You banned batman's brother?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Hopefully he comes back with proof of that.
The five eyes never agreed on the 15 million usd reward for a Wuhan lab worker to defect and to spill the beans. David Asher suggested it was the only way to get any further answers.

File it in the unsolved mystery folder along side big foot, MH370, Area 51, and the million other mysteries.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I have to ask….is it because no one can get a test, or is bothering to test?
Was just talking to my riding mate with Covid. I asked if the rest of the fam for it. He said they didn’t bother testing, and they’re all self isolating. He also didn’t report his positive RAT…so, there’s 4/4 positive or likely positives not counted. Assume that’s pretty common.
The testing numbers are 2/3 of what they were when we had the big jumps. Nsw isn't e en publishing how many tests were conducted.

The freedom rallies this weekend will be supersprwader events too.

All data is current carrying a caveat that numbers are expected to be significantly higher due to limitations around testing at the moment

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Why would you bother being tested though?
Have had the discussion, only will if I am actually sick and or go to hospital.
I had a niggle last week and didn't bother, may well have had a mild case of, considering the exposure.
Because you could pass it unknowingly to somone who won't have a mild case. Would be ace to see a loved one suffer or die because we couldn't be bothered/didn't have significant enough symptoms to do the right thing, hey?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The five eyes never agreed on the 15 million usd reward for a Wuhan lab worker to defect and to spill the beans. David Asher suggested it was the only way to get any further answers.

File it in the unsolved mystery folder along side big foot, MH370, Area 51, and the million other mysteries.
Santa too?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There’s no way the numbers are a true reflection on positive cases in Vic.

People are dropping like flies all around me and from being one of the first families I knew with a case, kids and myself are in the last people who haven’t had it.

I would guess only 50% are reporting their results, at best

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

Why would 5-eyes agree to something like that? It's just an intelligence sharing arrangement.

indica

Serial flasher
Would be ace to see a loved one suffer or die because we couldn't be bothered/didn't have significant enough symptoms to do the right thing, hey?
So everytime a sniffler - test - isolate, rely on a not very effective RAT - if I can get one - and go on as per normal?
How about act sensibly, stay away from the vulnerable and just hang out at home?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
So everytime a sniffler - test - isolate, rely on a not very effective RAT - if I can get one - and go on as per normal?
How about act sensibly, stay away from the vulnerable and just hang out at home?
The right thing would be obtain some rats and use them when you have symptoms. You don't isolate unless they're positive. They're hard to get, not impossible.

If you think you're not likely to rationalise going and seeing loved ones with "just a sniffle" at some point when the general view you've expressed is "why even bother testing unless you're sick and/or go to hospital", then I think you're kidding yourself. Your perogative though.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
You don't isolate unless they're positive. They're hard to get,
And you can very well have it without a positive
If you think you're not likely to rationalise going and seeing loved ones with "just a sniffle" at some point
I'm not - it's 3500kms to them.

As I said to @moorey

Bit different up here, there hasn't been any covid until this "open" business going on, so the let's get tested thing has not been a thing.

indica

Serial flasher
Other people have loved ones too.
Yep, they probably do.
I work, go home, mask up if going to the shop.
What is a symptom? Headache - yep, had one of them, get a test? Where from?
Then what? Wait a week for it to come back? While sitting at home not earning? Or hoping the dumb cunts will process pandemic leave?

Where I am I have been full PPE with covid positive people next to me. Work doesn't give a shit... Why should I?

All good for your point of view.

But why the fuck would I bother getting tested? I am not going to infect anyone apart from my wife and she works where I do,