First XACD Ti frame

PJO

in me vL comy
Here are a couple of photos of the bolt on cable guides that come with Ragley frames. You used to be able to buy them separately on CRC/Wiggle, not sure if you still can, haven't looked.

This one is very close to the downtube about 25mm which makes it very tight to access the bolt especially when you are trying to insert it.

Edit: the triple guides which is what is shown in the pics are still available on Wiggle.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Here are a couple of photos of the bolt on cable guides that come with Ragley frames. You used to be able to buy them separately on CRC/Wiggle, not sure if you still can, haven't looked.
View attachment 382169

This one is very close to the downtube about 25mm which makes it very tight to access the bolt especially when you are trying to insert it.
View attachment 382170

Edit: the triple guides which is what is shown in the pics are still available on Wiggle.
Thanks @PJO I saw the triple guides and thought about picking them up. In true hoarder style once I actually looked through the parts box I fount a set of 3 Ragley double cable guides that I bought off CRC years ago and never used so winning. I like the option of having bolt on cable guides because I can put a bottle mount over the top and just run a longer bolt for long summer rides where 2 bottles is helpful.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
When you have a minute, I'd love to hear more about the differences in finish/quality.
what’s this in a minute rubbish, i’m annoyed impressions weren’t written up yesterday; 500 words with video footage, graphs, sensor data & the like...the forum is waiting- -

Litenbror

Eats Squid
When you have a minute, I'd love to hear more about the differences in finish/quality.
I got a good ride in this morning and I think it rides a bit smoother than the Waltly and takes out a bit more of the harsh trail buzz. Could also be placebo it's hard to tell but I think the double butting gives a better trail feel.

The finishing on the frame is a bit rougher than the Waltly, for instance there was a small notch inside the head tube that needed filing down (maybe half a mm). Nothing huge just not quite as polished, like there isn't that last person that goes over the finished frame and gives it the last touches. Nothing that impacts the quality but small details.

Now the big things:
The cranks on the Waltly never spun more than 1 rotation even with the chain off in the work stand. The XT bottom brackets aren't the loosest but I always suspected the bottom bracket shell was ever so slightly misaligned. The XACD frame I get 3 or 4 rotations of the cranks with the chain off in the work stand so it looks like the bottom bracket shell is better aligned.

The seat tube on the Waltly alway irritated me because it had to be torqued way over spec to stop the seat post from spinning. I suspect, and others here have eluded to, it being slightly ovalised and not being reamed properly. The XACD frame doesn't have this problem the dropper is in and done up (quick release seat clamp so can't test torque) with minimal ugga duggas and it holds nice and firm.

These are the two things I have noticed so far and I think it shows a higher level of engineering but less focus on ascetics, this also meshes with the two companies slightly different approaches to customer service.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Looks great! Well done.

Was it a bit tight getting the bolt in the cable clamp nearest the HT? Glad you moved it a little bit or do you think it could it have stayed where it was?
It would have been close, if I hadn't moved it I would have had to cut down a 3mm Allan key to get it done up, really glad you caught it.