Little Things You Love

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The sentence also seems outrageous. Possibility of parole in July 2026, so not even 5 years behind bars. I'm also amazed that there were "negotiations" to reach a manslaughter deal. How was this not murder? Why do a deal? These are the sort on incidents that need to properly go to trial. We can't do anything for the poor bastard who spent the night dying in a ditch but we can get the message out there that this sort of behavior is totally unacceptable and will result in prosecution to the full extent of the law.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
The sentence also seems outrageous. Possibility of parole in July 2026, so not even 5 years behind bars. I'm also amazed that there were "negotiations" to reach a manslaughter deal. How was this not murder? Why do a deal? These are the sort on incidents that need to properly go to trial. We can't do anything for the poor bastard who spent the night dying in a ditch but we can get the message out there that this sort of behavior is totally unacceptable and will result in prosecution to the full extent of the law.
There is still way too much cyclist hate engrained in society...even here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm not sure whether this is LTIL or LTIH

However, an absolute evil soulless shitstain from queensland murdered a man on his bicycle, and boasted about it afterwards. 10 years jail is not enough.

EDIT: The coroner's report

Just read this...what a despicable person.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I thought I’d have to duck for cover with that lame pun. Surprised no one got in a flap!
it’s ok. I’ll see myself out.
I was going to tell you to fly away, but you’re just too immature.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
The complete lack of fucks given by the cops was, IMO a large part of the reason why it took so damn long to jail that sack of shit, and maybe why they couldn't get a murder charge to stick. maybe also the time-frame.
The standard of proof in vehicle murder/manslaughter must change to send a message to the brain-dead dumb cunts.

Toxic police culture and bullshit attitudes to cyclists MUST CHANGE.

The hate for road cyclists and commuters I have seen here is also abhorrent and toxic.
Especially the "it's just a joke mate" people
If any of you think that another bike rider's life is worth less than your own,
I put it to you:

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU????

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
The complete lack of fucks given by the cops was, IMO a large part of the reason why it took so damn long to jail that sack of shit, and maybe why they couldn't get a murder charge to stick. maybe also the time-frame.
The standard of proof in vehicle murder/manslaughter must change to send a message to the brain-dead dumb cunts.

Toxic police culture and bullshit attitudes to cyclists MUST CHANGE.

The hate for road cyclists and commuters I have seen here is also abhorrent and toxic.
Especially the "it's just a joke mate" people
If any of you think that another bike rider's life is worth less than your own,
I put it to you:

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU????
yeah, but Queensland!....
Things might have been different if this happened in one of the less rednecky states!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
yeah, but Queensland!....
Things might have been different if this happened in one of the less rednecky states!
Every state has brain-dead dumb cunt rednecks. Police attitudes to dealing with and charging them over cyclist injuries and fatalities have been uniformly fucked, from what I have seen.