Little Things You Love

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Was meant to do a Buninyong loop last night with a mate from other side of Ballarat. He was running late, so we met at Black Hill in town instead.
Didn’t get a drop of rain, but View attachment 383588home got belted, and out in the loop 3km away copped these…
That'll fuck your car up. Wouldnt be fun being out on the bike either....

moorey

call me Mia
That'll fuck your car up. Wouldnt be fun being out on the bike either....
Cuss yeah. Their cars were under cover thankfully. Was a crazy isolated storm. As heavy as I’ve ever seen, but a super narrow band. Those big hail stones were peppered in with mainly marble and pea sized, and there was only a handful. Maybe formed clusters while falling.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Excellent book. Terrible movie.

I have two friends who swear they were among the housemates mentioned.
Ha, even the author (John Birmingham) reckons the book was a barely coherent amalgamation of drunk / stoned memories mashed together and was amazed they made any kind of legible script for a movie out of it. It's apparently also a running theme that he's met hundreds of people who are convinced they were housemates involved too. My favourite was tent guy.

Haakon

Cuss yeah. Their cars were under cover thankfully. Was a crazy isolated storm. As heavy as I’ve ever seen, but a super narrow band. Those big hail stones were peppered in with mainly marble and pea sized, and there was only a handful. Maybe formed clusters while falling.
They can be scary - this was me standing under the foyer at work the day both our cars died... One of Kirsty's friends has massive bruises from being caught out in it...

Haakon

Yep. I completely related to the house share stories. All the people I knew were musicians, artists or performers…every one was a book in their own right. I cringe thinking about some of the things we all did. Thank fuck there was no social media.
Yeah same - lots of hippies and "alternative types". Several sections of the 90s living in St Kilda are a bit of blur...

moorey

call me Mia
Ha, even the author (John Birmingham) reckons the book was a barely coherent amalgamation of drunk / stoned memories mashed together and was amazed they made any kind of legible script for a movie out of it. It's apparently also a running theme that he's met hundreds of people who are convinced they were housemates involved too. My favourite was tent guy.
My QLD mates relate to waking up with cockroaches all over their drunk/stoned/drugged faces. Pass.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah same - lots of hippies and "alternative types". Several sections of the 90s living in St Kilda are a bit of blur...
Some of the weirdest dudes/chicks where still the seemingly straight laced day office people, who were complete loose units after hours and on weekends. Think more of Rents in trainspotting.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Excellent book. Terrible movie.

I have two friends who swear they were among the housemates mentioned.
I have faint memories of watching the movie. Not read the book. The book is usually better I am looking at you Devinci Code.

moorey

call me Mia
I have faint memories of watching the movie. Not read the book. The book is usually better I am looking at you Devinci Code.
Eww. Devinci Code.
I have no idea how the book would come across to anyone who didn’t live in house share situations for years in the 80’s and 90’s. It surely seemed like non fiction.
We had multiple overdoses (2 deaths) in our close circle, raided by full on nazis, Chopper Reid’s close mate catshing unannounced for a week, 2 houses burned down, countless raids by police…I turned our house into a house of horrors at one stage. Removed all light bulbs and set up house with nails in floor, swinging axes, pots of boiling water…would stay home and set it up while mate was out playing a gig, he’d bring home an unsuspecting group of suckers to watch getting hurt.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I'm not sure whether this is LTIL or LTIH

However, an absolute evil soulless shitstain from queensland murdered a man on his bicycle, and boasted about it afterwards. 10 years jail is not enough.

EDIT: The coroner's report

About midway (1km) into his journey,
Shui Ki Chan was purposely struck
by a vehicle driven by Joanne
McCauley.

Shui Ki Chan did not die immediately
from what would otherwise have
been non-life threatening injuries. He
died as a result of hypothermia, after
being left in the ditch overnight in the
cold weather. His body was found by
a passing cyclist the next morning at
around 9:40am.

Last edited:

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not sure whether this is LTIL or LTIH

However, an absolute evil soulless shitstain from queensland murdered a man on his bicycle, and boasted about it afterwards. 10 years jail is not enough.

EDIT: The coroner's report

Amazing. And disgusting. Nearly 10 years to get a result. I guess some police still don't accept cyclists on roads. And a good reason no to ride on them.