Women, etc.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
This comes under the "etc" part of the subject I think.....

I rarely say anything because it's not relevant to general forum stuff, so it might be a surprise to some that I play for the other team, so to speak.

I've been seeing a guy on & off - mostly off - for a few years. About three years ago he was diagnosed high-level bipolar, so he'd be really on or really off, hence the nature of the affair. He's always been a bit of a trainwreck as a result, but I stick by because being prone to depression myself, I can relate to an extent to what it's like, and I care about him, but we're both too unstable to consider anything serious!

Anyway, late last night, after a couple of months of silence he sent a short, head-flipping message..... "I'm trans..." o_O

Scott2227

Squid
Fuck I am so happy I’m living in an era where someone can share the above in a place such as this.

There is so much that is drilled into us as children about masculinity and male identity that I’m not surprised the mental health impacts on those who don’t directly identify with those traits can be debilitating.

@The Duckmeister it sounds like despite the challenges that have existed in your relationship this person really trusts you and that’s such a testament to what you have built between you even though circumstances have meant an ongoing relationship hasn’t eventuated. Great bonds between people come in so many different packages.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

I rarely say anything because it's not relevant to general forum stuff, so it might be a surprise to some that I play for the other team, so to speak.

I've been seeing a guy on & off - mostly off - for a few years. About three years ago he was diagnosed high-level bipolar, so he'd be really on or really off, hence the nature of the affair. He's always been a bit of a trainwreck as a result, but I stick by because being prone to depression myself, I can relate to an extent to what it's like, and I care about him, but we're both too unstable to consider anything serious!

Anyway, late last night, after a couple of months of silence he sent a short, head-flipping message..... "I'm trans..." o_O
I'd imagine that it's one of those things that gets way harder to tell someone the longer you leave it, must have been eating away at him pretty bad.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Wow, that's quite the change.

I've not personally had the experience, but I do recall two of my male trade school lecturers being quite good mates until one found their true self.

How do you feel about it?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
My best mate is bipolar. Only formally diagnosed at the beginning of 2020, so he’s been through diagnosis and learning to manage during lockdown, which is no mean feat. He’s done really well.

Ducky, no doubt the trans announcement came as a shock and you’ll need time to process and work out which way is up. Love comes in all shapes and forms. Only you know the answers here. Good luck on the journey of discovery.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

Sounds pretty complicated @The Duckmeister. Great he trusts you enough to let you know. I hope you are ok in all this and are looking after yourself too.

LPG

likes thicc birds

That must be really confusing.To be attracted and in a relationship with someone and them deciding that they want to be and are presumably taking the steps to be something different from what made the relationship work. I can only imagine how you are feeling as you balance the emotional and the physical side of the rationship.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
At least this time (so far) he hasn't said he hates my guts & never wants to see me again, which has happened before! A very hurtful outburst to that tune not long after the bipolar diagnosis directly led to me disappearing from here for a while.

He came back to me after a while, but I ruled out any possibility of a full-blown relationship because he hurt me so badly that time. I've learned to roll with the ups & downs since then, so should get over this twist a bit quicker.

Last edited:

mark22

Likes Dirt

That's been a tough situation mate, look after yourself.
Hope it all works out well for you and him.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Sounds like you will get the best of both worlds, Ducky. I can only imagine the turmoil going through someone's head as they grapple with this realisation. I have only been closely involved in such a transformation once, and can report that my trans friend, their wife, and three sons are now flourishing and happy like never before.