Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That thing was horrific inside. I have no words.

What will eventually destroy the footprints left by humans on the moon?
An asteroid. Or failing that the Earth as the moons orbit very slowly degrades.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
An asteroid. Or failing that the Earth as the moons orbit very slowly degrades.

No, kinda, but go anyway. Millions of tiny meteorites over the coming thousands of years will apparently bury them.
*citation needed

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
To quote Gerry the Doorman on the outro of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side...." album (in attempted Irish accent) "Dere is no deark side o' de moon really, matter of fact it's all deark. De only ting dat makes it look loight is de sun."

There is always a dark side, it's called night. The Far side of the moon, which we never see still gets its share of daylight.

moorey

call me Mia
When it point away from the sun it's dark, when it points towards the sun it isn't. Think about which side of the sun is dark during a solar and lunar eclipse.
But it only looks dark….or darker in relation… there’s other light sources illuminating from all directions…as I see it.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
But it only looks dark….or darker in relation… there’s other light sources illuminating from all directions…as I see it.
About as dark as a moonless night.
For those that don't get what the dark side is, it refers to the side facing away from earth. The moon is locked in its orbit and it's always the same side facing us.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
@Oddjob? What’s the crack?
We refer to it as the dark side of the moon as the moon is tidally locked to the earth, ie the same side of the moon is always facing the earth. This means that as the earth rotates the "dark side" of the moon does face the sun almost every day.

For the moon to have a true dark side, it would need to be tidally locked to the sun.

Name a planet that does have a true dark side.