Little Things You Hate

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Agreed. My new frame landed into Sydney on the 8th, was marked as "awaiting clearance", this afternoon it pops up at the local distro centre (in Melbourne's Western 'burbs) - "Item processed at facility".

It's not seeing the "accepted through customs", "processed through interstate distribution centre", "in transit interstate", or "arrived at distribution centre" (for example) that leaves me nervous. It's generally that lack of transparency AusPost could do with addressing to improve consumer confidence in the process IMO.
The race is heating up.

Frame arrived into Melbourne on Friday and has been marked as scheduled for delivery Tuesday (tomorrow) ever since. The shock arrived into Melbourne this afternoon.

Odds favour the frame, but anything can happen at this stage of the game!

Also, hopefully the shock hardware turns up soon or it’ll all be stuck waiting on that… :oops:

Flow-Rider

Burner
the !@#DFing printer ink saga continues. recapping the last chapter, my printer ran out of magenta, even though we never print colour and only wanted to print black and white. The new genuine cartridge wasnt recognised by the printer, and it wouldnt even scan with that cartridge in so I had to get the old, empty one out of the bin.

Now lockdown is lifted I finally got back to office works to replace it. Of course they didnt have any stock of the big packs so I got just magenta and headed home. Same issue, ink not recognised. More googling and I find two different Epson pages for my printer stating two different inks.

Back to officeworks a 3rd time and get told off for following what epson.com says and not ignoring it and continuing to google to find what epson.com.au says. Why do they sell both of the ink codes mentioned in Australia if only one of them works with the australian model of the printer with exactly the same name in all markets. Can I find ted bullpit on airtasker to blow epson printers up?
I've tried a few different brands of printers and just keep on going back to cannon, least problematic I've found.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I hate Aldi. I don't shop there as a rule, but this evening I had a massage at a remedial place across the road from them (Newcastle Muscle Pain Solutions if your in the market) and figured why not convenience?

Well fuck you Aldi! And fuck your rude staff.
Fill us in, what happened?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I hate Aldi.
I don't like supermarkets in general and fucking HATE shopping centres. Aldi just seem to package up the essence of everything that's nonsensical, depressing and miserable about both of them and offer it up in a package that encourages me to get out of them as fast as possible. And the Aldi isle of shame is just filled with crap that'll all be landfill within 18 months.

However, park me in an actual market and I'll happily wander around gormlessly staring at shit and getting in your way like everyone else. Weird.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I hate Aldi. I don't shop there as a rule, but this evening I had a massage at a remedial place across the road from them (Newcastle Muscle Pain Solutions if your in the market) and figured why not convenience?

Well fuck you Aldi! And fuck your rude staff.
So what you're saying is there was no happy ending after your massage...

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
the !@#DFing printer ink saga continues. recapping the last chapter, my printer ran out of magenta, even though we never print colour and only wanted to print black and white. The new genuine cartridge wasnt recognised by the printer, and it wouldnt even scan with that cartridge in so I had to get the old, empty one out of the bin.

Now lockdown is lifted I finally got back to office works to replace it. Of course they didnt have any stock of the big packs so I got just magenta and headed home. Same issue, ink not recognised. More googling and I find two different Epson pages for my printer stating two different inks.

Back to officeworks a 3rd time and get told off for following what epson.com says and not ignoring it and continuing to google to find what epson.com.au says. Why do they sell both of the ink codes mentioned in Australia if only one of them works with the australian model of the printer with exactly the same name in all markets. Can I find ted bullpit on airtasker to blow epson printers up?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I didnt think aldi staff interacted enough with the customers to be rude or polite, they are just sort of there
Actually Coles and Woolworths can join in on the fuck you and your staff as well. But for other reasons...

The 2 closest to my home both seem to have a lot of click and collect or mail out orders, so their Isles are filled with staff rushing around with trolleys loading up for the orders. Except they are pushy and ride, never a please or excuse me just all argy bargy. It's like their employer forgot to say "remember to be polite...". This isn't age specific either, they have a good spread of years.

As for Aldi, if you're going to demand to look in my bag you can say please or fuck off.

Minlak

custom titis
Actually Coles and Woolworths can join in on the fuck you and your staff as well. But for other reasons...

The 2 closest to my home both seem to have a lot of click and collect or mail out orders, so their Isles are filled with staff rushing around with trolleys loading up for the orders. Except they are pushy and ride, never a please or excuse me just all argy bargy. It's like their employer forgot to say "remember to be polite...". This isn't age specific either, they have a good spread of years.

As for Aldi, if you're going to demand to look in my bag you can say please or fuck off.
Well at least you know your not pregnant this month

Flow-Rider

Burner
this....Too many Marks and Karens in this "New World"
When I was a kid I had a motorcross bike, this was on rural farmland, a neighbor that never complained to my parents confronted me one day with with a shotgun. He was a pisshead that spent his whole life in and out of jail and their nephews that were friends of mine used to ride the same motos on their block.

Only place that you'll have a tranquil life.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Sounds just like the Woolies we use.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
We had a few problems with rednecks out on the bush trails where I grew up. One of our neighbours solutions was to one stand in the road with an axe - he was a big bloke and could back it up, but the bogans on the bikes fucked off for a while which was nice. They always rode fucking loud bikes...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We had a few problems with rednecks out on the bush trails where I grew up. One of our neighbours solutions was to one stand in the road with an axe - he was a big bloke and could back it up, but the bogans on the bikes fucked off for a while which was nice. They always rode fucking loud bikes...
Isn't that the appeal? Loud bikes seem O be like loud cars....

Flow-Rider

Burner

I though this would be the case in those types of places, very bad outcome for this poor young lad and his family.

A Queensland mother has spoken of her heartbreak and anger over the tragic death of her son, who was employed at Woolworths supermarket.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Interviewing people for jobs. Have been on the receiving end far too many times to be in any way comfortable making decisions that effect someone's life that much...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Interviewing people for jobs. Have been on the receiving end far too many times to be in any way comfortable making decisions that effect someone's life that much...
Make the wrong choice and you have to sack them during probation... that has more impact than getting another "sorry but we hired someone else" in a line of dozens.