Newly Released Suspension & Components General

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe I'm old and grumpy, but I have no interest in electrical components on my mountain bike. I go riding to get away from the digital world and the thought of running out of batteries for my derailleur/seatpost/suspension/brakes(!?!?!) in the middle of nowhere doesn't appeal at all.

I really hope the next XTR is mechanical, or I'm going to buy a rigid single speed, grow the required bushman beard and ride off into sunset mumbling something about simpler times.
I pretty much agree. I have nothing against motorized bicycles and all the new electronic gadgetry, but this letter I saw recently in Adventure Cycling magazine somewhat, though not completely, how I feel bout what bike should be about.

moorey

call me Mia
I pretty much agree. I have nothing against motorized bicycles and all the new electronic gadgetry, but this letter I saw recently in Adventure Cycling magazine somewhat, though not completely, how I feel bout what bike should be about.View attachment 381258
I like the sheer simplicity of riding/operating a bike, hadn’t really considered that side.
(awaits calls of ‘ride a full rigid fixie then!).

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I pretty much agree. I have nothing against motorized bicycles and all the new electronic gadgetry, but this letter I saw recently in Adventure Cycling magazine somewhat, though not completely, how I feel bout what bike should be about.View attachment 381258
That’s my concern. Zero issues with someone going that way if they need it to keep riding, but the amount of young people I see on them and the numbers being sold is a worry.

But to prove I’m an absolute hypocrite like everyone else, I’m not giving up my battery powered wireless gloworm remote for anyone or anything.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Maybe I'm old and grumpy, but I have no interest in electrical components on my mountain bike. I go riding to get away from the digital world and the thought of running out of batteries for my derailleur/seatpost/suspension/brakes(!?!?!) in the middle of nowhere doesn't appeal at all.

I really hope the next XTR is mechanical, or I'm going to buy a rigid single speed, grow the required bushman beard and ride off into sunset mumbling something about simpler times.
But the battery life lasts longer than ur frame?

Flow-Rider

Burner
That’s my concern. Zero issues with someone going that way if they need it to keep riding, but the amount of young people I see on them and the numbers being sold is a worry.

But to prove I’m an absolute hypocrite like everyone else, I’m not giving up my battery powered wireless gloworm remote for anyone or anything.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
That's an awesome piece!

I'm with @moorey on why I like actual mountain bikes, but Paul Cooley's point is definitely extremely important.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I like the sheer simplicity of riding/operating a bike, hadn’t really considered that side.
(awaits calls of ‘ride a full rigid fixie then!).
C'mon. I can't wait to have a bike that is rendered obsolete not by another "standard" but by a manufacturer not releasing a new firmware update. Sorry you can't ride this trail because you need version 4.12.

Apple bike anyone?

moorey

call me Mia
C'mon. I can't wait to have a bike that is rendered obsolete not by another "standard" but by a manufacturer not releasing a new firmware update. Sorry you can't ride this trail because you need version 4.12.

Apple bike anyone?
And every software update zaps your battery more. Take my money.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

Apple bike anyone?
Sounds like a great way to keep beginners from trying to ride advanced trails and then having a whinge about them or muppets attempting to ride up downhill trails.

ACCESS DENIED you're brakes have been locked and you're drivetrain inhibited, you must be at least level five or higher before attempting this trail.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Sounds like a great way to keep beginners from trying to ride advanced trails and then having a whinge about them or muppets attempting to ride up downhill trails.

ACCESS DENIED you're brakes have been locked and you're drivetrain inhibited, you must be at least level five or higher before attempting this trail.
Except it takes 3 years to grind out enough skill points, or you can buy a loot chest for $1k and win Level Five access (or maybe some e-decals, because... money).
Second hand bikes would become more valuable because they come with extra trails unlocked!

moorey

call me Mia