The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
It's the only job on the planet that gives rewards for corruption and bad decisions.
Completely f#@k up, 'I'm stepping down' onto a fuller than full fat pension.
Erm.... seen the shit the average CEO gets away with? Short of completely fucking out the share market value it's goldenest of golden handshakes regardless of what you do.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'd imagine you're getting ready to throw one of those self parties where you indulge in pork chops?

Pork belly and Champagne for dinner tonight.

You would have to think there must be some mud that will stick? Pollies rarely if ever walk away when innocent of any dodginess...
This current run of NSW Lib/Nat government has been slimey from the start. They have manage to wriggle themselves out of trouble several times and I hope that this brings the whole lot of then undone. I know it won't, but if it does I will be buying a bottle of 1959 Penfolds Grange Hermitage to celebrate.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_383961/penfolds-grange-1959

But I won't buy it from uncle Dan. His price is way off.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What we need is a strong ICAC, federal and state. Any politician found guilty is stripped of their pensions and entitlements.

Currently it's just too easy to surf the wave as long as they can and then fade into obscurity with all the trimmings intact.

I'm pretty sure icac (NSW) doesn't have much sting beyond tarnishing someone's reputation. They may be able to refer their outcome for prosecution, but that doesn't guarantee that it will happen. Several state Lib MPs from here ended up in there a few years ago and I don't think any of them were prosecuted and certainly none of the developers giving them money were either. It is a rather toothless tiger unfortunately. Even Nick Greiner ended up in there and he founded it!

Federal government have resisted such a move very strongly.