AM She’s Crafty, she gets around…

moorey

call me Mia
Is that the ZTTO?
Im finding in the stand the sexy looking e13helix cassette is shifting beautifully but backpedaling on the large cog it drops the chain. I know I won’t be riding like this but it’s still annoying. E13 blamed the high pivot design with the idler which is certainly possible as there isn’t as much chain wrap holding it on the cog. Ive got a bit more wriggle room to remove another link or two to tighten the chain up to see if that helps.
Don’t forget this bike was made in 2016. Huge cassettes weren’t a think, let alone planned for the bike.
Yep, ZTTO. Might try the 10-46 Garbaruk just for testing sake.
Forbidden recommend certain B screw adjustment due to the rear axle path. Not sure if it will work with all HP bikes.

Cheers. I have played a lot, and it’s acceptable now. I’m running middy 11sp XT, which I find hit and miss with 46 cassettes on some bikes if I want perfect shifting.
I have a 50t Garbaruk back-pedalling perfectly on the big cog on the stand at least, is this happening only on the bike?
Just in the stand at this stage. I’ve not ridden it yet.
Mine doesn’t drop.
I’m pushing beyond what this older bike is designed for. Zac tried Eagle, but wouldn’t play nice, though cobber above is working it.

All in all, much better tonight with a few tweaks mentioned earlier. I’m really not using the 46 much though, so I’ve got no hesitations going back to 42 if needed

moorey

call me Mia
Anyone can see that new canyon high pivot? Watching the animation, the axle move forward, not rearward. What a waste of a HP.

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
Don’t forget this bike was made in 2016. Huge cassettes weren’t a think, let alone planned for the bike.
Yep, ZTTO. Might try the 10-46 Garbaruk just for testing sake.

Cheers. I have played a lot, and it’s acceptable now. I’m running middy 11sp XT, which I find hit and miss with 46 cassettes on some bikes if I want perfect shifting.

Mine doesn’t drop.
I’m pushing beyond what this older bike is designed for. Zac tried Eagle, but wouldn’t play nice, though cobber above is working it.

All in all, much better tonight with a few tweaks mentioned earlier. I’m really not using the 46 much though, so I’ve got no hesitations going back to 42 if needed
In the stand when tuning it was ok but on the trail it was always a bit different. Due to the significant change in rear centre under compression I guess. The chainline was always pretty aggressive at either end of the cassette due to the idler and chain guide reducing the distance (compared to a regular system). I felt like it probably would be much better suited to 11-42, but I only ever used 10-50. I rarely got into the lowest gear anyway so probably a 11-42 with 30 tooth would of been a good option.

moorey

call me Mia
My bad. Thought you tried 10-50 and had trouble. The 46 still seems ok. I’m doing plenty of climbing, but could live without it.
So much fun :D

moorey

call me Mia
Swapped out the light ZTTO 9-46 for the trusty Sunrace 10-46.
All shifting vagueness and clunking gone. Worth 100+ grams any day of the week.
I’ll test the ZTTO on another bike. Their steel 9-42 is perfect, but no such love for the 9-46 on the crafty. Could be the bike, could be the cassette…
Missing that 9t for top end speed though.

Last edited: