The QUICK question thread.....

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Cheers, guy's

Just trying to find stock for the loam lever as well.
Gee it will be nice when we can again decide we like something and just order it straight away :(
Anyone know if the standard very short travel Giant lever would tie me over until I can get a Bar Clamp Loam or WT lever? I'm guessing not.
I've used the Giant lever previously with a Oneup post and really liked it.

I don't see why it would be an issue running it on a PNW post.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers @wkkie
I've ordered a loam and a wolftooth with I-spec 2 mount.
If anything it will tidy up the cockpit a little :)

My Giant lever is one of the little press button types, wasn't sure it would have enough travel.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I've got the Loam on the hardtail and the Rainer on the dually.

I prefer the Rainer, smoother action and less stuffing around with air pressures.

I'm running Oneup levers on both and no issues with those.
Yeah if I had to be completely honest the Bachelor which preceded the Loam is a better post. It’s marginal but the difference is there. The Bachelor is just a touch smoother. You really have to look for it to notice it though. The 25mm of travel adjust on the Loam is great though.

safreek

Am I tripping or once the cable is frayed it's impossible to put through a gx derailleur :mad:
If so, they can get fucked in future.
Shame as they work better than shimano

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've got this Pike I'm looking to sell, but I just went and dug it out and was giving it a wipe down and noticed this:

That seal is sitting up on one side on the damper side of the fork. If it was like that when I was using it, I never noticed it.
Does it need to be reseated? How hard a job is that? It could probably do with a service anyway, but I'm probably looking to sell as is if this isn't a major problem...

andrew9

Likes Dirt
I've got this Pike I'm looking to sell, but I just went and dug it out and was giving it a wipe down and noticed this:
View attachment 380391
That seal is sitting up on one side on the damper side of the fork. If it was like that when I was using it, I never noticed it.
Does it need to be reseated? How hard a job is that? It could probably do with a service anyway, but I'm probably looking to sell as is if this isn't a major problem...
I'd drop the lowers, tap it down with the proper tool, new grease and oil and now you can sell it as "just serviced" for about 20 minutes work.
you could probably tap it down while it's together, but they come apart pretty darn easy

Jpez

Down on the left!
View attachment 380391
Might be interested. What are the specs? Feel free to pm.