Tokyo 2020

moorey

call me Mia
Obviously not these 2 French clowns :rolleyes:

Wasn't even said once, it was N___ N___ N___ !
In his defense, it was the song, but combined with the cornrows, intent was clear. Claiming you didn’t realise it was offensive is just baffling.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
In his defense, it was the song, but combined with the cornrows, intent was clear. Claiming you didn’t realise it was offensive is just baffling.
I agree and if you listen to Amury talk, his English is not that great.

10% of the French population are from Senegal, Ivory Coast, Mali and other North African countries... the baffling part is how these 2 Frenchies got to their age without knowing or hearing that the N word was offensive.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I agree and if you listen to Amury talk, his English is not that great.

10% of the French population are from Senegal, Ivory Coast, Mali and other North African countries... the baffling part is how these 2 Frenchies got to their age without knowing or hearing that the N word was offensive.
I won't post up the link but there's a song by a Swedish act called 'Clawfinger' who were a mildly successful (in Europe at least) wannabe-Rage Against The Machine rap-metal outfit were back in the 90's. It's title is literally the 'n-word' and while they only ever had the purest of intentions (it's actually intended as an anti-racism anthem) the cringe it induces is truly next-level.

I'll let you seek it out for yourselves but for crying out loud, keep the volume down low and definitely check over your shoulder to see who is in the room before playing!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
After a rest day yesterday, Waterhouse/Darmanin on the flying cat revelled in today's light weather (so light that racing was delayed a couple of hours), scoring 1st, 4th & 5th lifting them to 4th overall, and only three points behind third with three races remaining.

The big boys in the Finn also came back from a rest day. Jake Lilley finished 15th & 6th in their two races, to sit 9th overall with two races left. He's too far back on points to be a medal contender, but there's room to move up the order if he can string up some good results.

The 49ers completed their main series today, both of our crews outside the Top 10, so not in Monday's medal races. Phillips brothers placed 14th, 8th & 9th, to finish the regatta in 12th place. Lloyd/Ryan scored 11th, 8th & 8th to finish 13th. The Kiwis go into the men's medal race with a four point lead over the tied British and Spanish crews, with the German and Danish crews, who are also tied, another 10 points back. The women's fleet is also tight at the pointy end, with the Dutch & Brazilian top two tied, German crew 3rd three points back and another four to fourth placed Spanish crew.

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
RS:X sailboards had their medal races today. In the Women's fleet, China's Yunxiu Lu did enough to keep her lead and take the gold. Charline Picon (FRA) came into the race in third place, however a second place in the final awarded her the silver, on equal points with Pom Emma Wilson. With Wilson placing 4th in the race behind Picon's 2nd, that decided the tie in Picon's favour.

In the men's fleet, Dutchman Kiran Badloe managed to avoid a catastrophic fuck-up (which is what it would have taken to lose it) and take the gold with a big points gap. Despite a starting infringement resulting in worst possible points, Thomas Goyard (FRA) had enough in the bag to take silver. His arse was saved by his two closest challengers, Mattia Camboni (ITA) and Piotr Myszka (POL) suffering the same penalty. China's Kun Bi capitalised on the others' penalties, and snaffled the bronze.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Side note: with mainstream media coverage being basically non-existent for sailing (as well as many other sports), I'm getting my results feed mostly from World Sailing's dedicated Olympic page. There is live (and replayed) GPS tracking available, which I found through Australian Sailing Team's Farcebook page... Might need to fill some URL gaps, but dig out tokyo2020.sapsailing.com and that should get you into the tracking.

Because of the shithouse TV coverage, the GPS tracking is the only active coverage I've seen....

Last edited:

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Side note: with mainstream media coverage being basically non-existent for sailing (as well as many other sports), I'm getting my results feed mostly from World Sailing's dedicated Olympic page. There is live (and replayed) GPS tracking available, which I found through Australian Sailing Team's Farcebook page... Might need to fill some URL gaps, but dig out tokyo2020.sapsailing.com and that should get you into the tracking.
Do you have the app? My work friend is happy that he can watch nearly everything.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Because of the shithouse TV coverage, the GPS tracking is the only active coverage I've seen....
7+ app is the best bet.

The live stream is also ad free

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
7+? No I don't. From what I hear from other sailing enthusiasts, races apparently are only shown live, no replays, so if you're not able to watch at the time it's tough bickies.
Nope, various highlights. This is the only full replay on there at the moment though