Cotic soul 26 ins frame is this worth it ?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I dont usually ask these sort of questions but am in a quandry.
I am sure to get some interesting answers.
So does anyone think
is worth > $600 , it is steel and has a tapered head tube , is 135 mm QR , 26 ins which I want , size medium should have a good VTT > 580 mm and has been powdered coated .
It is in the UK .

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Considering it's been refurbished and provided no structural damage then it's essentially a new frame from a reputable manufacturer in a size and spec you want that's probably pretty hard to find elsewhere. Shipping not too bad either (these days).

Go oooonnnnnn. New bike day is best day

moorey

call me Mia
Disagree on the shipping. I reckon you’re up for a few hunge.
Cool bike though. If it ticks boxes, makes you happy, and you can afford it, go nuts.

moorey

call me Mia
UK and US aren’t same, but prices have skyrocketed. Banshee actual cost to post a frame (just frame) to me was $320us…over $400au. That’s not marked up, it’s what they are charged for a box to Aus currently.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Old cotic logo is so much better than the new one!

+1 on buy. If it's a reputable seller (how would you know?) then I'd say worth it for a nice clean looking steel frame.
But yeah - could you get stung for more shipping? Possible that ebay gives them default shipping rates that don't work in reality. Could message and ask shipping question.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Damn did you get this? I used to have one of these in the duck egg blue colour. My first proper steel hardtail and it opened up my riding experience no end. If you have the parts to get this going, and have no qualms being a bit behind modern standards then I reckon you can't go wrong.
Bonus points for being in the original orange colour scheme.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I say its overpriced and not worth it considering its for an extinct wheel size, but I just sold an original Solaris in duck egg for $350 to a burner so I'm probably a chump.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Thanks for all your replies.
I say its overpriced and not worth it considering its for an extinct wheel size, but I just sold an original Solaris in duck egg for $350 to a burner so I'm probably a chump.
Yeah would have bought it if not 29 er .

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yeah looked at CRC which have a few NS hardtails .
The surge is quite heavy I dont need anything too gnarly, I have a Chameleon for that , as I am using it as a lightweight 26 /27.5 commuter .

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Yeah looked at CRC which have a few NS hardtails .
The surge is quite heavy I dont need anything too gnarly, I have a Chameleon for that , as I am using it as a lightweight 26 /27.5 commuter .
I have an NS Clash I use as a commuter (has done black runs back in WA) and an NS Surge Evo for anything really. Both are great bikes I built up from frames.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Thanks but I am a bit older than you by 100 years and really want a lighter steel frame.
I have 8 bikes already so can be fussy.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I have an NS Clash I use as a commuter (has done black runs back in WA) and an NS Surge Evo for anything really. Both are great bikes I built up from frames.
Clash is alloy, the Evo is steel...both very cool bikes
Had a clash, should have kept it, Doh!

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
now considering this .
The problem with a non ebay global shipping quote is the extra charges arent specified as you say ?