Formula One world championship

Calvin27

Eats Squid
It was Verstappen’s fault that he ended up under the tyres. It seems to me that no one commenting on it in official circles seemed to watch the two third’s of the lap leading up to it.
Cannot stress this enough. He was all over the place.

Will disclaim I am not a fan of crashtappen since his early days establishing a 'move or I am happy to crash' attitude that definitely plays on other drivers minds even today. I rekon that still has a huge bearing on peoples perceptions of him even today and the tussle with lewis should be viewed with that lens. Lewis yielded many times and then said stuff it. Good on him, more drivers should do the same.

I don't really have a problem with racing incidents. As long as everyone is ok at the end of the day, all part of the sport.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No no, that's Valtteri's 2022 contract with Merc... brief, take it slow at the start, then 10 pin bowling...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Either way Bottas earned a nice bonus from Toto. Will Stroll get a penalty too? He was as negligent as Bottas and took two cars plus his own out.

And I don't care if you are a Lewis fan he is a whiney bitch. Alonso did nothing wrong.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bottas with a great trick shot, orange onto blue and cannon into the other blue. almost packed it in at the red flag, was worth staying up to see lewis on the grid with all his friends. and is he really that lacking in self awareness to claim its dangerous to race at speed? alonso showing he's still got it with some great racing, but all a bit soured by vettel getting DQ'd later for a technicality

smaj

Likes Dirt
Alonso did nothing wrong.
I loved watching him race. I thought, maybe one incident where he moved slightly in the braking zone, but apart from that he was on the limit, but not over. Very enjoyable watching him place the car perfectly and a couple of good wheel-to-wheel moves. He played the tail-gunner for Ocon to perfection.

vettel getting DQ'd later for a technicality
Yeah, this was a poor ending. Bit of a team mistake I thought, they underfuelled the car, even with the red flag.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
If you would show your gran, your wife, your daughter, your granddaughter the post and you think it is funny then have a go. The mods will delete anything inappropriate. If your post passed the first test and was still deleted then you are a sick fuck. Serial offenders will get a holiday. Encouraging the content will also result in a holiday.

smaj

Likes Dirt
Raidillon is looking a bit iffy in the wet this year
Indeed! That W-series crash was pretty bad, and that was only from a little wet patch I believe. When the F1 cars went out in Q3 it was absolutely soaked, though Lando did admit it was his own mistake. Real shame for Lando as he was looking on form, though the track was improving so much as the cars cleared the water, his early run might've fallen back. Awesome result for Russell though, he's looked on it all quali.

Toto has said they have decided who is to partner Lewis next season, so I guess both knew at that slightly awkward press conference with Bottas and Russell.