AM 141

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I think it warrants a new thread so I can add the specifics and changes.

Had this on order since Feb to replace the Prime for something with a bit more room and length. (1300mm wheelbase)

Carried the majority of the parts across except for a new drivetrain.

141 P4 Size (XL)
Manitou Mezzer 150mm
Cane Creek Kitsuma Air
Sram GX AXS
Garbaruk 10-50T Cassette
KMC DLC 12spd chain
Praxis Works Cadet Cranks
TRP DHR Brakes
Hunt Trail Wides
SQLab 7OX 45mm rise 16 degree backsweep
SQLab 611 Saddle
SQLab Grips
Nukeproof Stem
Brand X 200mm Dropper
Michelin Wild AM2/Force AM2

Weight 16.7kg

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I’d love me a privateer. Didn’t realise only the S1 was 27.5 when I was considering a 161. Such a nice bike for the bucks.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I’d love me a privateer. Didn’t realise only the S1 was 27.5 when I was considering a 161. Such a nice bike for the bucks.
Yes only big wheels on the larger sizes which doesn't suit everyone.

Also a mullet link is in the works apparently.

Value is top notch along with their service.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looks awesome !

Interested to see what you think of your tyre choice after you have had a few rides on them. Especially the Force AM as a rear.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love the lines of the thing. I love how the line of the seat stay lines up with the top tube. And nice build dude.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Looks awesome @Wake Jake

Didnt bring across the coil from the Prime? Does the privateer play nice with coil or just air?

Interested to see what you think of your tyre choice after you have had a few rides on them. Especially the Force AM as a rear.
I just started using the Force AM on the rear. Not enough km’s for a review yet bit seems to compare well in terms of traction to the Wild Enduro rear but doesn’t roll as well as i hoped.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Looks awesome @Wake Jake

Didnt bring across the coil from the Prime? Does the privateer play nice with coil or just air?

I just started using the Force AM on the rear. Not enough km’s for a review yet bit seems to compare well in terms of traction to the Wild Enduro rear but doesn’t roll as well as i hoped.
Different shock size so dirtdad picked it up for his Prime as he stated.

Yes found that a bit too. I put it to the softer compound. I'm still more than happy with their performance.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Frenchman should be along shortly to berate you for your choice of wheels (despite them being related companies).
Huh? When did he berate them? From what I remember he just said they were a catalogue wheel company (like most are) and anyone who believed otherwise might be taking too many hits from the marketing cool aid.

Anyway, great looking bike @Wake Jake - Beta just did a review of one and the froth is strong.

PJO

in me vL comy
I don't know what you're waiting for seems like the S1 Privateers are about your size?
S1 - 161 is 445 reach, about 18mm longer than a medium V2 Rune, 10mm shorter than a large (same as a V3 medium).

Only issue is the really steep seat tube makes for a very short top tube length...