Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Are you an earth human from earth?
Dunno. Possibly. But I do know earth people from earth with actual Jekylls that weren't made from wet newspaper. They had the same DYAD dual position ones Clementz won the first EWS Championship with (although one of them binned off the Lefty for a Pike pretty sharpish).

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's a lot to like on the Norco. If I wasn't on the Deviate, I'd seriously consider it.

I'm especially taken with the focus given to ride consistency across frame sizes:
Rear centre, STA, HTA, shock tune, all size specific.

Granted it might be mm here and there but overall it looks a smasher!

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the Devinci looks pretty good.
Ditch the putrid orange forks and swap to black and it's a very tidy looking rig

Jpez

Down on the left!
Initial reviews on Pinkbike and NSMB are pretty effusive. Looks like a seriously capable beast.
Beast being the operative word. I don’t know if I’d ever really ride anywhere to do it justice and hauling and more bike than I need just doesn’t appeal any more. But it does look damn good.
and going by my mates Sight which is a seriously amazing bike the Range would be a ripper.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Beast being the operative word. I don’t know if I’d ever really ride anywhere to do it justice and hauling and more bike than I need just doesn’t appeal any more. But it does look damn good.
and going by my mates Sight which is a seriously amazing bike the Range would be a ripper.
Totally agree, I can't imagine needing a bike like that in Australia. If you are going to shuttle, just get a DH sled.
They are getting so long you'll need an HC license to ride one soon.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
At least you are smart enough to realise this @Jpez & @komdotkom.

Definitely has a place where there is proper big mountains, but here (Australia) it's a waste of time
I totally disagree with that statement.

My view is that it depends on what you are looking for in a bike. I would love something like one of the bikes shown above. It would allow me to push my abilities (however low as they are) and still be able to ride around with my wife & kids on the flats without needing several different bikes. Sure it may not be the 'best' bike for any particular situation/location that I'm likely to ride it but I could totally see a bike like this as my 'do it all' since I still desire a decent level of DH capability. My local trails @ Black Hill are most definitely not in the 'proper big mountains' category!

I've only recently got back into a bit of riding after nearly 10 yrs off the bikes, so I suppose you'd say that my old DH bike's are 'too much bike' for me now. But I tell you what, while I'm slowly building up and challenging myself to hit those jumps that were so easy back in the day and now royally screwing them up, I'm super glad to have the full 200mm of suspension under me as a 'get out of jail' free card. For sure would have had a major OTB crash a while back if I didn't have 'too much bike' under me to save my gumby ass.

Interested to hear what style of bike you'd suggest I should look for based on the application I've described above?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
But I tell you what, while I'm slowly building up and challenging myself to hit those jumps that were so easy back in the day and now royally screwing them up, I'm super glad to have the full 200mm of suspension under me as a 'get out of jail' free card.
Agree. First time I went to Bright I very, very quickly realised that riding a super plush coil sprung 150mm+ tank was the only reason I hadn't broken one / both my collarbones. Having the extra comfort and stability of a sled suddenly becomes a valuable asset even if you are dragging it around the other 90% of the time if that 10% keeps you out of hospital.

Anyway, I know people who reckon anything over 100mm travel is a complete waste of space and totally inefficient....

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I totally disagree with that statement.

My view is that it depends on what you are looking for in a bike. I would love something like one of the bikes shown above. It would allow me to push my abilities (however low as they are) and still be able to ride around with my wife & kids on the flats without needing several different bikes. Sure it may not be the 'best' bike for any particular situation/location that I'm likely to ride it but I could totally see a bike like this as my 'do it all' since I still desire a decent level of DH capability. My local trails @ Black Hill are most definitely not in the 'proper big mountains' category!

I've only recently got back into a bit of riding after nearly 10 yrs off the bikes, so I suppose you'd say that my old DH bike's are 'too much bike' for me now. But I tell you what, while I'm slowly building up and challenging myself to hit those jumps that were so easy back in the day and now royally screwing them up, I'm super glad to have the full 200mm of suspension under me as a 'get out of jail' free card. For sure would have had a major OTB crash a while back if I didn't have 'too much bike' under me to save my gumby ass.

Interested to hear what style of bike you'd suggest I should look for based on the application I've described above?
I hear what you are saying, but that's not a bike related issue, it's a skill issue.
Your 200mm or 170mm of travel can save you, but it ain't helping you ride any better.

At the end of the day, people can ride what ever makes them happy and it's individual preference that will be the deciding factor.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I hear what you are saying, but that's not a bike related issue, it's a skill issue.
Your 200mm or 170mm of travel can save you, but it ain't helping you ride any better.

At the end of the day, people can ride what ever makes them happy and it's individual preference that will be the deciding factor.
You're right, but it is helping me improve my skills more quickly! If I'd been on something less and attempted the jump, there's a decent chance that I'd have been injured and end up forced off the bike to recover and also taken a major setback to confidence. Instead I got a minor scare and a reminder that I ain't what I used to be just yet.

A bike in my view is only 'too much bike' if you you don't think you will ever use it's full capabilities whether that be intentionally or unintentionally.
For me that means a bike like this is absolutely not a 'waste of time' in Australia.

Not that anyone should care in the slightest about what you or I think, but I'd hate to think that someone might take your statement that the bike is a waste of time for anywhere other than proper big mountains as a hard fact, so I'm throwing my views out there as well. ;)

nathanm

Eats Squid
Warranty is very wordy, lots of get outs or that’s how I interpret it

https://www.cannondale.com/en-au/warranty
Definitely not a particularly very good warranty there and a lot of it contradicts Australian Consumer Guarantee's, particularly the consumer having to pay for labour. Imagine if car warranties were the same, here's a new bottom end, you just have to fit it or pay to fit it yourself at our labour rates.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Which you've ridden heaps of...
I think you got a good one because I've read plenty of instances of the derailleur shitting itself.

The cranksets are good though, Powerspline and Octalink notwithstanding.

I rode yours and it shifted just fine so in reality I'm talking about the derailleur's durability.