Kingdom Void Trail 130 29er

metroid

Likes Bikes

I am fortunate enough to be selected for the Phase 2 real world consumer testing of new frame developed by Kingdom Bike. I am in no mean a super duper rider but they are keen to get as much feedbacks from variety of riders to further improve the frame when it goes to production by end of year.
For more information, you can follow this link:-

Frame should land in Australia within the next 2 weeks. I will post more pics as I build the frame up. Looking forward to my new ride.

Fork - Cane Creek Coil Helm
Shock - Cane Creek Kitsuma (air) 210 x 50
Wheels - Zelvy 29er carbon wheel
Groupset - Sram XX1 Eagle 12 speed.
Crank - Shimano XTR
Brakeset - Sram RSC Guide

Last edited:

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Reckon it's caught in the covid shipping void? Was hoping this was an updated from Metroid. Just disappoint now.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, this is number 1 on my 'next ill advised impulsive bike purchase' list. It ticks all the boxes, looks amazing, Ti, unique, good geo, not too sled focused. Keen to hear some real world reviews of the single pivot on the back.
If it's anything like my new bike it's doing laps of the US with DHL collecting stamps and frequent flyer miles.

metroid

Likes Bikes
Yeap, frame got delayed due to covid plus unfortunate health illness on the other end. Hopefully not too long now.

metroid

Likes Bikes
Void has landed. Can't get the frame to sit squarely on the small kitchen scale. Without shock, roughly 3.2 to 3.3 kg.
The 14 beta frames have "VOID" engraved to the headtube to signify the uniqueness of these frames. Production frames will have "Kingdom" logo badge on the headtube.

The welds looks rough on the pictures. In real, they are quite good. Definitely not polished.

Problems encountered.

I am stripping my Intense Primer to build up this frame. The intended Cane Creek Coil Helm's steerer tube is too SHORT!!! It was cut to 165mm. The HT on the Kingdom is approx 120mm without headset. By the time headset fitted, the total length is approx 150mm. 15mm left was way too short to fit the stem. Fortunately I have a spare Coil Helm with 175mm steerer. I was able to fit the stem snugly on this fork.

Feeding internal cabling aren't really fun!! Got it done eventually. Has taken me 3 hours this evening and only fitted the frame up 50%. Still have lots to do i.e. adjusting the gears, bleed the brakes, lower the 150mm fork to 140mm!!

Will post more pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A cane creek slamset will buy you some mm of stack height.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

metroid

Likes Bikes
Changed the stem to shorter set up. Now using the Kingdom Ronin 35mm with 31.8mm to 35mm SQ shims. By the way, the shims are nicely made by SQ labs, unlike junks you find on ebay. Cost a bit more for the better engineering. I was using 50mm stem yesterday. I much prefer the 35mm stem. With the 50mm stem, the front felt like a truck. With the shorter stem, the handling is a familiar one from my Intense Primer experience. More agile and feel less like a truck.

There is a rotational click near bb or the pivot point which goes away after a while. Most noticeable when first ride out. It isn't annoying but would like to pinpoint where it is to address it. Who doesn't like a quiet ride, and it is after a short warm up.

metroid

Likes Bikes
Some close up of the welds etc. The welds on this thing is truly done very well. Nice brass sheen to it which is what you want with titanium welds.

Attachments