COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Bit harsh on those they won't make vaccines available to...
This the ideal time for a young man like myself to get Pfizered... by the time they do 1/4 of Australia (Vic with 6.5mil) it will be Chrissy.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will they ban the unvaccinated from leaving the house now???
I didn’t mean it literally..
After the vaccine has been offered to everyone the borders will open.. All the chief medical officers have said the virus will be let out into the community. If someone chooses not to take the vaccine (which is their right) imo their options will be limited by the old “no jab no play” rules.. Not to mention covid will be spreading around the community by vaccinated people who no longer care cause they won’t get sick.. Begs the question where does that leave the un-vaxxed? Do they just catch covid or avoid it? If you don’t want to catch it, then a fair bit of their time is going to be spent away from people, most likely at home..

moorey

call me Mia
After the vaccine has been offered to everyone the borders will open.. All the chief medical officers have said the virus will be let out into the community. If someone chooses not to take the vaccine (which is their right) imo their options will be limited by the old “no jab no play” rules.. Not to mention covid will be spreading around the community by vaccinated people who no longer care cause they won’t get sick.. Begs the question where does that leave the un-vaxxed? Do they just catch covid or avoid it? If you don’t want to catch it, then a fair bit of their time is going to be spent away from people, most likely at home..
I’m genuinely curious about where you’re going with this. What is putting mosypeople off getting vaxxed other than social media scare campaigns?
Maybe a tiny proportion of people have genuine argument not to. Even religious objections are generally only applied when it’s convenient to.
We really only need a critical mass to make vaccinations effective. I worry we aren’t going to reach that.
The irony isn’t lost on me that the people most vocal about lockdowns etc are the ones refusing to ever get vaccinated.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I believe that you can still catch Covid despite being vaccinated but it limits the impact it has upon the body. You will still get sick. I'm intrigued to see what the impact is going to be when we do have large scale immunisation yet people will still be catching it and it's various types, much like menningacocal. It's going to suck balls big time if a South African or Tasmanian strain becomes immune to immunisation.

I wasn't going to get vaccinated given Tasmanian's amazing luck so far in not having a widespread outbreak, but now my pants are full at the thought of catching it and am happy to feel crook for a little while if i can immunise myself from the worst impact. However i would gladly wait months longer if all the vaccines get diverted to Victoria instead for a while.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
the un-vaxed are always left out in the cold

i dare say if you want to travel INTL in 2023 your vaccine passport will be viewed before your citizenship passport

strangely no one [ie big pharma, the govt] has talked about the ability of the vaccinated to pass the virus on still-albeit in a short window, the vaccine really only designed to stop death/serious complications

vaccinating under 18's will be harder to convince people, without kids we'll not get herd immunity [even with our older liberal voting pop_n]-for some reason some new sci papers are stating 70% will be enough for herd immunity for sars-cov2, which is a lower threshold than traditionally used,

moorey

call me Mia
the un-vaxed are always left out in the cold

i dare say if you want to travel INTL in 2023 your vaccine passport will be viewed before your citizenship passport

strangely no one [ie big pharma, the govt] has talked about the ability of the vaccinated to pass the virus on still-albeit in a short window, the vaccine really only designed to stop death/serious complications

vaccinating under 18's will be harder to convince people, without kids we'll not get herd immunity [even with our older liberal voting pop_n]-for some reason some new sci papers are stating 70% will be enough for herd immunity for sars-cov2, which is a lower threshold than traditionally used,
I thought you were leaving Rotorburn?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I believe that you can still catch Covid despite being vaccinated but it limits the impact it has upon the body. You will still get sick. I'm intrigued to see what the impact is going to be when we do have large scale immunisation yet people will still be catching it and it's various types, much like menningococcal. It's going to suck balls big time if a South African or Tasmanian strain becomes immune to immunisation.
meningococcal isn't a good comparison as its is usually only a very narrow subset of teenagers/early twenties who get serious complications, we don't need to vacc primary kids or oldies as its not pathological for them - its extremely uncommon to boot

you are correct, you still catch the virus sars-cov2 & have it enter our system, the immune system can respond via its memory/plasma cells to produce antibody fairly quickly to reduce coronavirus symptoms- like the flu vaccine, any vaccine still gives you some protection - we still havn't had a dramatic mutation appear yet -the variants are very similar. the flu vacc is designed around the US flu season often, but sometimes the strain we get here eg N2H3, is slightly diff to the vaccinated N2H4 variant

nathanm

Eats Squid
It wasn't luck that it didn't spread in Tassie. The virus just refused to pay over $1000 for a weeks' car hire! ;)
State Government is now paying us $1k to rent our cars out here it Tas. (I shit you not) Jayne and I were legit about to go into the car rental business until this fuggin inconsiderate Covid popped up in Victoria again and put another stop to the majority of our tourist dollar. bloody rude.