What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Goudgey

Likes Dirt
Rode it yesterday and got it dirty. Also noticed that I had almost zero stopping power from the front brake so today I replaced pads front and back with metal pads (replacing resin) and bedded them in, played around with pressures, sag and rebound, washed the bike, degreased and relubed the drivetrain & lubed the suspension.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went out to the local with the goal to crack 1000m vert.
The weather had other plans and had turned the hard red clay into a slippery dip, 30m into the first trail of the day I loose the front end sending me chest first into a big stump off the side of the trail. Not off to a good start lol, but was now liking my decision to do the ride wearing the full face helmet.
After some choice words I gathered myself and almost pulled the pin, but then thought bugger it not going to let the challenge beat me! So managed to push on taking all the descents very easy, had one more off giving my right shin a good wack on the last descent of the day and finally called it quits at 3hr 20m beating my elevation goal by 200m :)
Been feeling pretty spent all day since haha

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
How annoying! My pedals are making a kind of grinding noise as though they're dethreading. I hope I haven't buggered up the threads...
I can grip the non-drive side crank arm and move it back and forward - under enough pressure, it jolts slightly as it moves a mm or two.

I've stripped the crank and bb, cleaned it and put it back together again. Same issue.

Sounds like a crank issue?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Golden goat race today, great fun! Weeks/months of prep and it was the first time trying to organise a race for a lot of us so even more rewarding seeing it all work out.

Raced a couple of laps on the Singlespeed, Absolutely flogged me. Then spent the day faffing about in a goat costume on the penny farthing and tandem bike. And followed it all up with my first ever ebike ride. (For the sweep lap)

That's right, an ebike

I rode out actually fairly excited about it, no real idea what to expect. Got a few km in and after a couple of climbs was starting to wonder what the buzz is all about, I'm heaps faster on my spider! Got halfway up the Grassy spur climb (absolutely terrible climb), and found the boost setting thoroughly underwhelming. Then I looked down and saw a little exclamation mark on the screen. Stopped, turned off the bike and back on again, turns out it was in error mode and I'd been riding with no motor the whole time!

Once I got it working I found it odd. Really nice on firetrails climbs, that's undeniably awesome. Techy climbs are sort of good sort of not, it takes some of the effort out but momentum is all over the place so it ends up being a lot of work still. Flats are awkward, that constant topping out at 25 doesn't do it for me, I think I'm a bit quicker on a regular bike. Descents is also awkward, the weight is nice on rocky stuff but fuck me it's disconcerting having it feel like its dragging the brakes all the time because you're over 25.

Overall, I prefer my Penny farthing

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
obligatory scenic photo along the cliffs so here’s a crappy rushed non drive side photo of my hardtail at the car park.
Note the Maxxis logos are lined up perfectly, the cranks and pedals are perfectly horizontal and the der is in the middle gears.
stopped reading at non drive side, quickly scrolled so the pic was just a blur

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Golden goat race today, great fun! Weeks/months of prep and it was the first time trying to organise a race for a lot of us so even more rewarding seeing it all work out.

Raced a couple of laps on the Singlespeed, Absolutely flogged me. Then spent the day faffing about in a goat costume on the penny farthing and tandem bike. And followed it all up with my first ever ebike ride.

That's right, an ebike

I rode out actually fairly excited about it, no real idea what to expect. Got a few km in and after a couple of climbs was starting to wonder what the buzz is all about, I'm heaps faster on my spider! Got halfway up the Grassy spur climb (absolutely terrible climb), and found the boost setting thoroughly underwhelming. Then I looked down and saw a little exclamation mark on the screen. Stopped, turned off the bike and back on again, turns out it was in error mode and I'd been riding with no motor the whole time!

Once I got it working I found it odd. Really nice on firetrails climbs, that's undeniably awesome. Techy climbs are sort of good sort of not, it takes some of the effort out but momentum is all over the place so it ends up being a lot of work still. Flats are awkward, that constant topping out at 25 doesn't do it for me, I think I'm a bit quicker on a regular bike. Descents is also awkward, the weight is nice on rocky stuff but fuck me it's disconcerting having it feel like its dragging the brakes all the time because you're over 25.

The beauty of the penny farthing, you don’t have to turn it off and on again to get those feels

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

Raced a couple of laps on the Singlespeed, Absolutely flogged me. Then spent the day faffing about in a goat costume on the penny farthing and tandem bike. And followed it all up with my first ever ebike ride. (For the sweep lap)

That's right, an ebike

Nice P-far Goatboy! Looks like you treated it to some new tyres.

Jpez

Down on the left!

Got this in the post finally.

But slow day today so just either finished ordering or started receiving the bits and pieces I need for the black frame with polished silver Highlander build.
So list so far if anyone cares. Probably should have just waited to do a PYR. sorry not sorry.

Black XL Deviate Highlander 150 link. Due August.
Cane Creek Kitsuma coil
Black Lyrick Ultimate. Already have it.
Wheels DT Swiss ex 481 and 511 with polished Silver Hope Pro4 hubba bubba hubs. Competition spokes.
Two fresh Michelin WE tires. Cushcore in rear.
Polished silver Garburuk round 32 chainring incase the AB oval I have doesn’t play ball.

New generation 9-46 11sp E thirteen Helix cassette.
126 link chain. Non existent in 11 sp. Will most likely have to buy two chains and join them.
TRP GSPEC polished silver brakes, rotors undecided but will likely start with the Sram center lines I already have.
CC hell bender 70 headset and bb.

RF Turbine cranks. Rough but old faithfuls.
silver/gun metal DEITY Tmac pedals.
New 200 PNW dropper and loam lever.
Wolftooth polished silver seat post collar
Polished silver Industry 9 45mm stem.
Bars- Chromag OS X but I’m possibly turning to the dark side and considering One Up carbon bars.
Ergon saddle and Ergon grips.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Re: the AB oval playing ball, old mate's Ripmo running Boost cranks can't fit an oval 32t, this is a 30t substitute:

View attachment 375351

Clearances these days are a bit mental.
Yeah that’s a bit on the tight side! This is more to do with the clocking of the oval in line to the idler wheel. Im assured it can be done with my cranks but may need a bit of fiddlerizing and as we all know when you get a new bike fiddlerizing and mucking around trying to get something to work is not what you want to be doing first run out.