What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Finished building Mr 5's race BMX on Friday night. It was a lot of fun to fix up.
Wheels needed rebuilding, new bearings and new freewheel. Replaced BB and headset. New chainring, chain, pedals, brake caliper, brake cables, tyres, bars and grips. I particularly like the rainbow brake outer.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Finished building Mr 5's race BMX on Friday night. It was a lot of fun to fix up.
Wheels needed rebuilding, new bearings and new freewheel. Replaced BB and headset. New chainring, chain, pedals, brake caliper, brake cables, tyres, bars and grips. I particularly like the rainbow brake outer.
View attachment 375304
I wish there was a like x1000 button. Bmx sprockets is sooo rad and I love our local bmx club. I'm kind of jealous how awesome my kids are on bikes.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Quick ride today, tweaked my knee yesterday, will stay off the bike for a week to settle it down

http://instagr.am/p/CO33wK6Bm7i/
The bloody 'gram won't let me in without an account anymore, so I have to imagine your ride snippets nowadays... :mad: (Im my head you were flying along! Weaving between trees and around grass tussocks, and ooh - even sent that little rock lip! Haha :p)

Bugger about the knee though, hope it comes good a.s.a.p!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The bloody 'gram won't let me in without an account anymore, so I have to imagine your ride snippets nowadays... :mad: (Im my head you were flying along! Weaving between trees and around grass tussocks, and ooh - even sent that little rock lip! Haha :p)

Bugger about the knee though, hope it comes good a.s.a.p!
You need to sign up, there was even a nice drift through some sand.
Looks like such a nice spot for a ride.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
23km of youis laps. Soo sore. Really windy out there too which made for an interesting ride.

Gonna break the bike down for a propper clean this week. I've been seeing posts around the place of people putting their chains in petrol. Any value in this or just a degreaser soak is fine?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
23km of youis laps. Soo sore. Really windy out there too which made for an interesting ride.

Gonna break the bike down for a propper clean this week. I've been seeing posts around the place of people putting their chains in petrol. Any value in this or just a degreaser soak is fine?
Same same. But degreaser is probably nicer/safer to use. What are you re-lubing with? Whatever it is you'll need to make sure it goes deep inside the rollers.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Broke my full squish bike a few weeks ago so have not been riding. So what better way to brush out the cobwebs than with a 27km and approx 500-600 elevation ride at Anglesea on the hardtail. doesn’t take long for fitness to disappear. I’m boogered right now.
Oh and forgot to take the obligatory scenic photo along the cliffs so here’s a crappy rushed non drive side photo of my hardtail at the car park.
Note the Maxxis logos are lined up perfectly, the cranks and pedals are perfectly horizontal and the der is in the middle gears. ;)

cammas

Seamstress

Kerosene is the go, use to use it on the motorcycles as it didn’t harm the o-ring chains, I’ve gotten lazy lately and need to buy some more. What I would do is take off the chain and put in a container with the kero, while that soaked I would clean everything else. Pull off the cassette and clean it with a toothbrush using the same kero as the dirty particles sink to the bottom. Then rag drag them down and put it back together and lube it up.