What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I've had them on my bike for a few months now.

For reference they replaced Ergon GA2 Fats.

In the carpark they felt massive, almost too thick. But once on the trail they were not noticeable. Very soft, and so do scuff/tear relatively easy, but nothing a bit of silicone won't fix.

Not sold on whether they are better than the ergon yet. I did like the tapered feel of the fats.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
Hmm. Interesting. I had GA2 fats and GE1 and don’t love them. Although I had a set of the first gen GE1 with the cutout on the inner plastic tube and they were great.

Using the ol’ slide on silicon grips as get along with those although the price for new ones are silly. The Wolftooth Fat Paw are $40 same price as Supacrush hence my interest.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The brand stamping is not in the same position between left and right side. If you line up the brand name to the valve stem, make sure it's the right hand side as that's the side to photograph. If you line up the left side branding to valve stem the right side looks askew. Ask me how I know...
Just align the valve stem to the first 'X' in Maxxis... ;)

What OCD?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I’m taking a stand on lining up valves on my bikes from now on.
I’ll line up Felix’s for insta-cred, but as long as my tyres aren’t fitted backwards, that’ll do.*
*sometimes they are
I never used to care or even give it consideration until it became a big thing on here. Suddenly I can't help it! Whenever I am fitting a tyre I automatically make the valve hole and logo my starting point.

Maybe a tyre company needs to destroy this trend...I think an image on the tyre (like a skill and Cross bones or a big pink dick) would be better suited to valve alignment.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
But you missed the finger-in-frame corner on the first picture! Tsk tsk... :p
FFS, fix your goddamn bar plugs. My eyes are bleeding, and guts are churning.

It's like your posting pics of a POS hard-rubbish find. No offence intended @Plankosaurus

And go back and have a look of some of @miitchys builds. You could cut at least a foot and a half out of that front brake line.

Been so long, I'm a rookie again.

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Put a new cartridge in the Xfusion Manic seat post, put the Trance back together and took it out to Stromlo.

Feels XC race bike after the Orange! It’s only around 2kg lighter, but feels like more!

Pretty torn… The risk thread certainly has me questioning the need for a long low downhill weapon, and I’m still not liking the way the slack fork behaves on climbing. Hmmm.

And annoyingly I think I might prefer the X01 shifter feel to the XT after all that!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Not my bike, but a neighbour's Canyon Spectral from down the road - he's a late twenties uni lecturer who's fit but doesn't respect his equipment like we should.

A week ago he was walking past wheeling his bike as the 12 speed derailleur had cage-snapped. I gave the bike a look over & declared an entirely new drivetrain was in order (chain, cassette, derailleur (of course) - already had a new front ring as he'd snapped that earlier & our LBS had fitted a new one).

Now, said LBS had quoted him $800 for the parts listed above so I pointed him towards Pushys/MTBD and gave him his list.

This evening (today) he excitedly let me know the parts had arrived & he'd done his best to fit them. Surprisingly, the cassette was swapped over (Aldi toolkit he has) but it wasn't working right:

. chain too long
. derailleur cable entering the arm the wrong way
. chain rubbing on the cage nub (we've all been there)
. high/low/b-tension screw wrong
. cable tension wrong

But bless his heart, at least he'd had a stab at it!

Working ok now, but when going over the bike the headset was waaaaay loose - top cap bottoming out, needed a bigger spacer, the rear wheel needs lots of attention (I'll sort this out tomorrow) and the BB is totally epically fucked. Which is fine 'cause that's his next online purchase project.

Regardless, at least he has a bike to ride once more. And after I'm done with it, it'll be back to new.

He doesn't like his LBS very much :D