From the Blue Skye to the Deep Green Sea - Transition Spur

xero

Supersports
Any other stray mediums around @xero?
Have a mate who is super keen
Not that we are aware of ... Depending on location, there may be a stray at one of our dealers somewhere... What location are we talking?
I can at lease give you the possibilities of who to try.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not that we are aware of ... Depending on location, there may be a stray at one of our dealers somewhere... What location are we talking?
I can at lease give you the possibilities of who to try.
Melbourne

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Awesome bike @ozzybmx by all reports/reviews the spur is a beast up and down.

I’m a bit shitty with Transition for not offering alloy versions of their current range but its hard to stay mad while looking at that beauty. And what a colour. Looks awesome.
I read somewhere (heard on a podcast maybe) that they plan to do some alloy bikes at some point, but nothing saying in what form yet

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Awesome bike @ozzybmx by all reports/reviews the spur is a beast up and down.
Cheers Fjohn, I can honestly say on the first ride it felt awesome... its a bit corny to say but the reviews are right, it climbs really well, like an XC bike but more relaxed and descending was as good as my 27.5 Nukkie. I literally had a smile while descending as it was exactly as the internet gob-shites said it was. I got home and my boys had just got home from school and were asking 'whats it like dad'... all I could say was 'its an awesome buy', unbelievable.

A quick sag pressure job, halfway on the compression and were off... no DVO 50 settings, just shoot and go !

If it was just gravity trails, you would definitely find its limits and thats where the beefy Highlander steps in but for quick local rides, it was exactly what I needed.

Nearly more excited about this than my Highlander but thats only because it will be the daily rider, the Deviate is for all those trips and shuttles where this bike would be out of its league.

Nothing I have ridden yet descends like the Highlander, its in a different world.

Smashed the OT during coronavirus, done my TAFE, sold my Santa Cruz and lost the race bike to #1 son, it was a big year.

Selfishly rewarded myself with 2 new bikes.... ah well :)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have really weight ween'ily analysed this bike.

The tyres are not light either, the front 29x2.4 Dissector is 990g, which is 20g HEAVIER than the 29x2.4 DHRII's have here, the rear tyre is a Rekon and is 29x2.4 at 780g. Both tyres over the Maxxis weight, especially the dissector which should be 890g.

I have not weight weenied a bike in many years but trying to get this into the mid 11's the same as the $12K X0.

Reckon I can get there with wheels, crank and cassette. Tyres may also help.

xero

Supersports
There was an olive green(?) Spur getting picked up by its new owner when I went into Summit yesterday evening. That's an insanely good colour in person too.
Hmm.. Olive green is a Scout 27.5 .... Unless someone did a mega custom job.... Spur is just in the Forest green or the Black Powder ( Grey )