Little Things You Love

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My next bush walk is going to be very slow if I have to spend that long looking for danger noodles in every frame.
I am dragging bricks out of a pile I made down the back about 15 years ago for an upcoming immediate job. They have fallen into a mess in long grass and saplings etc. The spiders and toads are OK. The slithery noises make me remember it is time to hydrate for half an hour. There is a belligerent blue tongue as well who has frightened the fuck out of me twice now. More of that to come as the stockpile dwindles.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
There is a belligerent blue tongue as well who has frightened the fuck out of me twice now. More of that to come as the stockpile dwindles.
Reminds me of times back at my Dad's property helping him rake up cut grasses with these huge wooden rake things. Mentally I'd tell myself frequently that the noise and vibration would cause any snake to bugger off out of the area sharpish and every time I'd forget that and promptly shit myself when a big lump of grass I was raking towards me suddenly exploded into a hissing thrashing extremely aggravated animal. Sleepy Lizards every time, truly the laziest reptiles in existence (their other party trick was detonating into hissing angry snake things 10cm away from your foot while out walking because their concept of personal space was pretty loose).

moorey

call me Mia
Backstory cause I must have missed this one?
I bought a dropper off him. After paying, he went awol. Blocked me on messenger. Tracked him down, said I was taking it to the police if he didn’t respond, blocked me again.
Found out on FB he’d screwed a few others with same MO. We all reported him to cyber crime division and didn’t expect much.
Po Po followed us all up for all our info and communications, and are now moving.
It’s taken 18 months or so, but I’m pleased they are moving on him.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am filled with mixed emotions...I am happy to see you guys stick it to a bike scamming douche and chop them down. But on the other hand I am filled with jealousy that my bikes are never seen again and the police don't care at all.

moorey

call me Mia
I am filled with mixed emotions...I am happy to see you guys stick it to a bike scamming douche and chop them down. But on the other hand I am filled with jealousy that my bikes are never seen again and the police don't care at all.
I don’t know what evidence trail you had or what you did. Ours was lodged with the govt cybercrime division. Maybe they’re more well resourced..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don’t know what evidence trail you had or what you did. Ours was lodged with the govt cybercrime division. Maybe they’re more well resourced..
They are very different scenarios, and I'd wager given this is exactly the type of crime the cyber crime people exist for they were frothing on the chance to knock one out of the park. Stolen bikes seem to be ranked almost as low as working the train line for general cops. I guess if they had a guarantee of being able to taser any suspects they'd be a lot more excited. Still it's a good outcome and a win for victims.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
they do have their hands full!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
they do have their hands full!
That is possibly one of the shittest McDonald's in Australia though. Who would have thought a 24 hour maccas near all those late night bars would be problematic?