After market dropper lever. Any suggestions?

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have put a Brand X dropper post on my Chameleon. This is my third Brand X and they all work great. But they make terrible levers and the one that came with the new post is the worst. I am after a lever that easy to use since my thumbs have gotten a bit mangledduring ejections from my bike.. Also, hopefully durable.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Wolftooth have both standard and "light-action" dropper levers. The light action ones are indeed lighter to actuate, but have a much longer throw (I have large hands, and it still felt weirdly long throw). I rate the quality, smooth actuation and the fact you can clamp the cable at the lever end. They are exxy though. I think PNW do standard ones that're similar but cheaper.

PJO

in me vL comy
Is your model the one with the cable stopper in the remote? If so, a front shifter hack is my weapon of choice.
Sadly no, Brand X have the cable stop in the post. So can't easily use a shifter.
I agree with you though, an old front shifter is great for a dropper remote, I'm using one for my KS and it is way smoother than some of the other dedicated dropper levers.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Sadly no, Brand X have the cable stop in the post. So can't easily use a shifter.
I agree with you though, an old front shifter is great for a dropper remote, I'm using one for my KS and it is way smoother than some of the other dedicated dropper levers.
Must be the new brand X my 2 old ones had the cable stop in the remote.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The ZTTO is actually a great dropper lever (being a WT knockoff), other than that PNW or Wolf Tooth are great, and the Shimano XTR one is surprisingly good if you have ISpec-EV brakes too. Plenty of options out there.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same, but am aware there are the others also.
Sorry @birddog69. Plenty of options out there, most aren’t cheap. All mine (KS/trans-brandX/xfusion) have nubbin in lever.
The first two had the stop in the remote. This one is in the post. I have been able to build this bike rather cheaply so I am willing to spend the $$ for a decent lever. I have I-Spec brakes so I will see if I can get a Shimano. Other wise, I will look for a Wolf Tooth as they are getting a lot of good reviews. Thanks all for the suggestions.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
We have Wolftooth LA, PNW loam, OneUp, Trek, RaceFace, KS... and the ZTTO $26 dropper lever from AliExpress is as good as any of them.

Has a ball bearing inside and everything, same at the Wolftooth.

Zero style points and minus points for bling but an excellent lever at 1/4 of the price.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
ZTTO is a "light action" if comparing to its wolktooth twin.

Its great, no need to spend more.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Scotty675

Cable thief
If you have I spec ev I’ve got a couple of shimano, got a fox and crank brothers if of interest as well. If you want light I’d get a yep lever. Hit up off road bikes online, excellent service.