Newly Released Suspension & Components General

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Fair enough, I'm not in a position to buy a new fork yet but at 100kg, I wonder if coil based is the way forward? Most of my riding is technical up and down.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes. coil is the way forward for you....
Don’t know if I agree with that. Previously had an X-Fusion Slant and currently run a DVO Diamond and at 115kg I had no issues with either of them being to firm at the top or bottoming out too easily.

madstace

Likes Dirt
that's fair enough @blacksp20, I have limited experience with different forks. I do love my 36 with a smash pot conversion - they get moving so much better than when they were air.

Hambo has plenty of time to try air, coil and elastomers while he saves up. Ultimately the most expensive fork will feel like crap if set up badly.
In fairness the only suspension I've seen @blacksp20 bottom out is the rear shock on a 2008 Giant Reign set up for a whippet :p

+1 for DVO but go the Onyx, I reckon I'm fat enough these days to vouch for it. Diamond is still an amazing fork though!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
+1 for DVO but go the Onyx
I really like my Onxy, its night and day from any fork I've had before, though there is a lot of settings on it, not a plug and play item.

The OTT setting is pretty special, that was my biggest gripe with Fox, even going Push coil it was still too slow on small bump.

Will probably still be messing about with it in 6 months... need to write down my current settings before any further adjustments.

Would be awesome if other suspension manufacturers created an app like Cane Creek, you just put in your shock/fork name and the app knows all the settings, clicks from end to end and tracks all changes.

Petero

Likes Dirt
I really like my Onxy, its night and day from any fork I've had before, though there is a lot of settings on it, not a plug and play item.

The OTT setting is pretty special, that was my biggest gripe with Fox, even going Push coil it was still too slow on small bump.

Will probably still be messing about with it in 6 months... need to write down my current settings before any further adjustments.

Would be awesome if other suspension manufacturers created an app like Cane Creek, you just put in your shock/fork name and the app knows all the settings, clicks from end to end and tracks all changes.
I'm still fiddling with the Onyx. Soo many adjustments (compared to my old FIT4).. The frustrating thing is the variance between the IBIS recommended settings and DVO recommended settings...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Soo many adjustments
I feasted on YouTube videos while waiting on my frame and basically set up the Onyx and Topaz from internet settings.

It feels bloody good now and I need to spend some time and write them all down before messing with them.

Actually its a shitty wet day out there, might be a good job for tonight.

madstace

Likes Dirt
I'm still fiddling with the Onyx. Soo many adjustments (compared to my old FIT4).. The frustrating thing is the variance between the IBIS recommended settings and DVO recommended settings...
I can't remember where I'm at with the Topaz but for the Onyx I'm closer to Ibis' recommended settings than DVO's, which I thought was a bit odd.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Because 38mm stanchion forks are for pansies, BOS releases some new forks with 39mm ones...

Cool because racecar, but as the article says after sales support will be key.
Meanwhile, SKF clapped their hands like a parent at a kids school concert. They now have the chance to make fork seals from 28mm to 40mm in 1mm increments and someone out there will need it, well, let's leave out 29mm, 31mm and 33mm which are market gaps that needs filling.

Almost makes you what to slap on a pair of Fox 40's and belt on a single crown with something very heavy.
Pre-empt the 40mm single crown fork that just has to be around the corner, now with a proven 1.3 seconds off lap times plus looking awesome at the cafe afterwards.

teK--

Eats Squid
Meanwhile, SKF clapped their hands like a parent at a kids school concert. They now have the chance to make fork seals from 28mm to 40mm in 1mm increments and someone out there will need it, well, let's leave out 29mm, 31mm and 33mm which are market gaps that needs filling.

Almost makes you what to slap on a pair of Fox 40's and belt on a single crown with something very heavy.
Pre-empt the 40mm single crown fork that just has to be around the corner, now with a proven 1.3 seconds off lap times plus looking awesome at the cafe afterwards.
Gee I dunno, it sounds like a pain in the ass to make and keep inventory of so many different sizes....