Confessions from the fuckwits

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
My contribution today has nothing to do with my mechanical ineptitude but rather my social fragilities...

On the commute home after a lengthy long lunch I whizzed pass a *car banked up at reds with a very new looking smartish Reign on a vertical bike rack looking like he's heading out for a w/e away...As I'm splitting lanes and passing him I reckon I'll show my appreciation and throw out the

Instead in my beer fuddled mind as I was splitting lanes and trying to concentrate on too many things I may have thrown up these instead

Some poor bugger in Camperdown passing through is now wondering.

What did I do to him... or a fixed gear rider in full mtb kit obviously with multiple personalities has lost the plot

*If you are on here I apologise unreservedly

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
My contribution today has nothing to do with my mechanical ineptitude but rather my social fragilities...

On the commute home after a lengthy long lunch I whizzed pass a *car banked up at reds with a very new looking smartish Reign on a vertical bike rack looking like he's heading out for a w/e away...As I'm splitting lanes and passing him I reckon I'll show my appreciation and throw out the

View attachment 374678

Instead in my beer fuddled mind as I was splitting lanes and trying to concentrate on too many things I may have thrown up these instead
View attachment 374679

Some poor bugger in Camperdown passing through is now wondering.

What did I do him... or fixed gear rider in full mtb kit obviously with multiple personalities has lost the plot

*If you are on here I apologise unreservedly
Pretty sure it was @stoo

Jpez

Down on the left!
Very minor confession.

I have lately become the ‘repair guy’ for my friends or acquaintances shit kids bikes. You know rubbish pile finds that really should have stayed in the junk pile. ala Moorey and planko.

working on a mates kids bmx this morning and a 40mm slotted headless bolt falls to the ground. So I spend literally 40 minutes searching all over this old piece of crap bike trying to work out where it could possibly have fallen out of. No joy.

So give up temporarily, trying to work out how to explain to the dad that there’s a possibility that his kids bike might self destruct when I pick up a shifter I was using and the jaw slips down. That’s when it twigged it wasn’t from the POS bike at all. It fell out of the shifter.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Very minor confession.

I have lately become the ‘repair guy’ for my friends or acquaintances shit kids bikes. You know rubbish pile finds that really should have stayed in the junk pile. ala Moorey and planko.

working on a mates kids bmx this morning and a 40mm slotted headless bolt falls to the ground. So I spend literally 40 minutes searching all over this old piece of crap bike trying to work out where it could possibly have fallen out of. No joy.

So give up temporarily, trying to work out how to explain to the dad that there’s a possibility that his kids bike might self destruct when I pick up a shifter I was using and the jaw slips down. That’s when it twigged it wasn’t from the POS bike at all. It fell out of the shifter.
You may have just inadvertently wangled your way out of "repair guy" duties.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Very minor confession.

Serves you right for using a shifter.

moorey

call me Mia
Same guy who doesn’t know how to remove mounting hardware but wants to service the damper on his shock?

Last edited:

safreek

Been a while so, getting another set of Mr Ts up and running and thought the axle was sweet and correct but noooo. 20mm axle won't fit through the wheel, decide the only way is brute force so I shove the c*** as hard as possible and still does not go through. Next bit is the true fuckwittery, obviously I can't get it out so decide a big old screwdriver and hammer :eek: are called for and out she comes. Problem is now the end won't screw back in cause I fucked the first 2 threads. Fuck me